Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jul 21, 2008, 3:46 PM   #11

Actually when it is in focus the 18-200 does a great job! Could there be some setting in your camera at which non canon lens can work best? If not, I'd askthe Sigma dealer to change it. Well, here I am quite pleased about their good service. I expect the issue will be settled within a week or so ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:22 AM   #12

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Actually when it is in focus the 18-200 does a great job! Could there be some setting in your camera at which non canon lens can work best? If not, I'd askthe Sigma dealer to change it. Well, here I am quite pleased about their good service. I expect the issue will be settled within a week or so ; )
I called Sigma service in Athens yesterday and i told them the problem, so they said i need to send my 400D and 18-200 to them so they can set the AF focus to work properly with my 400D, so i sent it yesterday afternoon. Is there anything else i should have them check arkadas? i here sometimes that some lenses are de-centered what do they mean by that?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:27 AM   #13

Dear friend, you did what I had done some months ago and I am very happy about it! So, I believe you'll end up with a great lens soon : ) Now, decentering refers tosome imperfection in the lenscausing a constant lack of sharpness at a specific portion of the picture, say 1/3 of the righthanside, whichdoes not seem to be the case for your lens! You might as well post them a fewdemonstrative comperative photos showing the problem, for example those of your house shot with the Canon 17-85 (auto), Sigma at Auto and Sigma at manual focusserved a pretty goodset!

Looking forward to seeingyour furthershotswith the replacement!

Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:38 AM   #14

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

I called Sigma service in Athens yesterday and i told them the problem, so they said i need to send my 400D and 18-200 to them so they can set the AF focus to work properly with my 400D, so i sent it yesterday afternoon. Is there anything else i should have them check arkadas? i here sometimes that some lenses are de-centered what do they mean by that?
I think as long as they set the lens to the camera and not the other way

around else your other lenses might notwork so well on the 400D ..............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 2:53 PM   #15

Well the back focus problem the 18-200 had could not be fixed on that specific lens, so the shop in Athens replaced it with another one and that also had the same problem plus the OS didn't work, so i took the lens back to Athens myself and got a refund at the shop it is not worth selling my other lenses that are much better, oh while at the camera shop and looking at the 450D i just had to have it, so i bought it it's just so nice and sold my 400D to a friend of mine, gees i tell you walking in to a camera shop is danger zone, i even bought the lowepro nova 3 AW and also a canon speedlight 430EX now all my gear fits nicely in a small compact bag:-) i also took the metro to the Acropolis to take some photos but when i got there at 7:00 pm they wouldn't let me in because they were closing at 7:30 pm:evil: so i just snaped a couple pictures from way below and also in the subway where when they were building it in 2004 (thats when they finished it) they found a few big statues from way back 2000B.C. and have it displayed in the subway pretty neat
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:26 AM   #16

Sorry to hear that you couldn'd have a decent 18-200 copy despite all your efforts! Actually I changes two lenses to find my Sigma 17-70 which I'm quite pleased with and forgot all my stressful reshooting and returning process!! Now, I see youupgraded your gear, which must have cheered you up : )

Keep onenjoying your, now, more powerful arsenal and treat us with your beautiful pictures when you have time, my friend: )