Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:57 AM   #1

Default Some of my pictures

Hi everyone, im new on here and im only really starting out on the photography thing.

Iv just posted some of my pictures that iv taken using my Olympus C220 zoom camera onto my website. http://zordey.com/main/pics.cgi what do youz think?

Looking to get a new better camera soon that wil not limit me as much to the type of pics i want to take
Zordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:51 AM   #2

The link to your site is not working, the code is showing.
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:57 AM   #3

mmm... seems to work ok for me??? the link is in the middle paragraph. I had left a bit of code in the text by mistake, removed it now.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:06 AM   #4

Or is that you that is using Linux?? the site is wrote using perl cgi, i dont really know anything about linux but posibly they not compatible?? i dont have or know anyone else that has linux to test it with. ops:
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:20 AM   #5

I do use linux at work, its probably linux issues...its not the first time :roll:
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:03 PM   #6

Zordey,
Works for me.
Liked the pictures of the cliffs.
Although some of the iages eeemed to suffer from softness in the focussing. Don't know if that was deliberate.
Appreciate the reason for the black and white thumbs but they really don't attract the viewer to look at the original color images.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 4:26 PM   #7

thanks selvin, think the main problem is that the camera is a very cheap point and shoot so i have virtually no control over the focusing or much else for that matter.

I am currently saving to get a better camera, thinking of goin for something like the fuji S602 since the replacement will be out here in a week or two, so the price should drop hopefully and i dont need the extra resolution really of the new version.

Only put the web site up about a week or so ago and i have to say i am thinking of redoing the thums in colour and a bit better quality. The idea was to make the page load quick on slow connections but think ill change it at some stage to more pages of better quality thums