Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Oct 12, 2003, 6:09 AM   #1

Default Trash

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2003, 7:37 AM   #2

The colors are great
but somehow the composition doesn't do it for me..
I think because of the hole in the right and the half banches..
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 9:17 AM   #3

I also have same itch about the composition, one step to the left would be better. I often commit same pitfall, most times this happens when I see the picture potential, take a photo instead of roaming next better shot options.
From another point of view the composition is ok, garbage can is at a 1/3 line and not in the deadbeat center.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:56 AM   #4

Sorry to post such a bad picture. I was just playing around with "area" focus off the side. My apologies.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 4:09 PM   #5

Well I did not say it was such a bad picture, nor did Melanie (I think). Please continue posting pictures, it can help not just you but also others to understand how to turn a potentional 'glam' photo into the real stuff. I hope I did not demotivate you with my critique (wich I'm known for to be quite upfront, shoot me if you like).
The area focus turned out as you hoped? It may have caused the good color balance.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 4:47 PM   #6

I'm right there with mathilda...
I didn't say it is a bad picture..
It was just to say it like maybe this could even be better with the right composition...
and indeed... maby the area focus did turn out the way you wanted it to be?

and stil..
the colors are really good..
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:04 AM   #7

Goofas, I've seen your shot yesterday evening , but I was in a hurry and didn't posted a reply.
I like the idea but I would have clone stamped the hole on the right with some grass and maybe I would have taken the shot from a different position in order to have the trash can at 1/3 of the image.

Now the image has been subsituted by three ... .

Why ?

I agree with others posts : no one said is a bad image !
An image that receives improving feedbacks doesn't mean it is a bullshit at all.
This kind of posts are useful twice :
- For the one who posts the original to have the possibility to receive costructive criticism that helps in improving his own skills ( even if its nice to receive "A great shot" comments sometimes "it doesn't work this way, maybe its better if ..." are very useful suggestions that are not meant to exclude your shots from the community , just the opposite !)
- for people looking at the posts to have the possibility to look ate different point of views and suggestions.
( I particularly appreciate threads where partecipants post their own "remake" of the original posts : their educational contribute is invaluable).

Errors and error understanding are the most powerful way to learn.

So, please, don't stop posting ;-)
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:51 AM   #8

Goofas,

I agree with the rest of the folks, while the picture didn't make my heart go pitter patter it wasn't a bad picture.

Besides, anything posted by someone using cans of SPAM for an avatar can't be all bad. Did you know that Hawaii eats more SPAM per person than any other state?

We take our SPAM seriously. Hormal just issued a special limited edition can to honor Hawaii's SPAM consumption. We even have SPAM cookbooks, serious ones.

Anyhow, interesting shot not a great one. And I agree with the suggestions for editing.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 7:45 AM   #9

Selvin--

Is that the absolute truth about Hawaii and Spam? (When I started out in life on my own, Spam was a basic food group for me.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote