Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:34 PM   #1

Default Store Windows

I was in midtown this morning and shot some store windows. My problem with such photography is that they are always to "busy," as in my first example. Of course, since I shot it, it's just fine...

In this shot, I've close cropped it. Gotta love the Buddha!

A bit more of a conventional subject - Pearls!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:13 PM   #2

Default Nice series!

Agreed. It's busy (1st shot) - but then again in all its business it has a common theme, NY souvenirs all over the place, so it doesn't really matter. I think its great.

The second one is superbly composed and lighted. Soft, yet clearly distinguisable details in this lovely scene. There is a nice contrast between the soft and light budda-sceen with lovely young children in all their innocence and excitement - contra the grim and sinister looking archer on the left.

Jewellery is never easy to shoot. You have managed to do this nicely with nice shine to the pearls, and even a good amount of texture in the white / beige whatshellacallit, the hide?

I like your style, Chato!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Agreed. It's busy (1st shot) - but then again in all its business it has a common theme, NY souvenirs all over the place, so it doesn't really matter. I think its great.

The second one is superbly composed and lighted. Soft, yet clearly distinguisable details in this lovely scene. There is a nice contrast between the soft and light budda-sceen with lovely young children in all their innocence and excitement - contra the grim and sinister looking archer on the left.

Jewellery is never easy to shoot. You have managed to do this nicely with nice shine to the pearls, and even a good amount of texture in the white / beige whatshellacallit, the hide?

I like your style, Chato!

Much thanks Walter.

I should have gone into the store and asked the owner whether he deliberatly had the archer aimed at the Buddha, or if it was pure coincidence.

I appreciate you remarks. I'm just peachy at wildlife, but I'm trying to use those skills in street and other kinds of photography. Whole other ballgame.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:36 PM   #4

I liked them too...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote