Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:27 AM   #1

Default Windows 7 Hong Kong Launch

Hong Kong - 24 Oct., 2009 : Microsoft Hong Kong official launch Window 7 today. More than 300 peoples wait overnight to get one of 400 sets of Windows 7 English Ultimate Edition for HK$377 (about USD48). Too bad that it is only 32-bit and not-for-resale.

from Windows 7 Hong Kong Launch / Hong Kong Events
hkdigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Administrator

That's odd. In the U.S., AFAIK, when you buy Windows 7 in the U.S., it includes both 32 and 64 bit versions (unlike Vista, where you needed to buy one version or the other, except with Vista Ultimate that included both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, where you pick the version you want to install).

Chances are, I won't upgrade to it anyway (unless I happen to buy a newer PC that has Win 7 pre-installed at no extra cost over a PC without an Operating System installed).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:58 PM   #3

ive bought it, the pro version, i had tried the beta and its so much faster than vista, which i skipped, so ive gone fom xp to 7
in the uk we also got 32bit and 64bit in the same box
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:05 PM   #4
Administrator

From most user reports I've seen, Win 7 is better than Vista in a some ways (mostly the User Interface, since apparently, the underlying kernel is mostly the same between Vista and Win 7).

I bought a new PC a while back with Vista on it. But, I probably won't upgrade it to Win 7. From my perspective, MS should consider Win 7 a Service Pack, versus requiring users to purchase the upgrade. :-)

But, I wouldn't be surprised to see many users upgrading from Vista to Win 7 to get the better User Interface (even if a lot of what goes on "under the covers" hasn't changed much from Vista). Since I use Linux a lot more than Windows, upgrading is not a very high priority to me. For others, the upgrade may be worth it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote