Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:50 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
If you photograph your hand by panning as it swings up and all your fingers are slightly blurry except for the thumb, how do you explain that?
Fingers of course are independant from one another. Assuming luck, one finger can move in a different manner than the others. Are you referring to this picture?

Might as well ask why this lady doesn't have four breasts, whereas she does have two sets of teeth.

Look, go back, and try out some variation of my see-saw analogy. Just because there is one body, doesn't mean that all points move at the same speed - Sure their all moving horizonatally at the same speed, but NOT vertically - Which is what we're seeing. Notice that your lights are not moving horizontally.




Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:58 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
carylwithay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,801
Default

I think you did really well. I, too, prefer #3 and #8
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:29 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Fingers of course are independant from one another. Assuming luck, one finger can move in a different manner than the others. Are you referring to this picture?

Might as well ask why this lady doesn't have four breasts, whereas she does have two sets of teeth.


Dave
What are you talking about? Never saw this pic before and her movements have nothing to do with the case in point. Having 64 teeth should get her into Ripleys and as for how many boobs she has, I have no idea.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:48 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
What are you talking about? Never saw this pic before and her movements have nothing to do with the case in point. Having 64 teeth should get her into Ripleys and as for how many boobs she has, I have no idea.
Well, if we look at the lights on the jeep, we can see both a vertical and horizontal motion. Note the way the light twists. The vertical movement is the see-saw effect, the horizontal is the not quite perfect panning.

With a see-saw effect, being closer to the center, will cut down the amount of blur. Meanwhile the man on the front right seat, ALSO decided to twist at that exact moment.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:58 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
vvcarpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carylwithay View Post
I think you did really well. I, too, prefer #3 and #8
Caryl
Thanks, Caryl!

I wish I could settle the issue once and for all between Bynx and Dave but I can't. Other than being a point-and-shooter with a moving target, I don't know what I did. I guess I'm just playing the numbers game. Throw enough darts and one will surely hit the bull's-eye .
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.