Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:02 AM   #11

Both versions are the same jpeg file. The first straight out of the camera and only resized to fit. The second was duped and the dupe put through gamma correction to 50. Then the two files were put through HDR as a normal process. of the two I prefer the plants in the original and the sky in the second one.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Both versions are the same jpeg file. The first straight out of the camera and only resized to fit. The second was duped and the dupe put through gamma correction to 50. Then the two files were put through HDR as a normal process. of the two I prefer the plants in the original and the sky in the second one.
I "know" that the net changes images. Usually it's greens that are most affected. Sometimes all I need to do is darken an image and it looks fine. Sometimes, it takes work and work and work, and I wind up with a horrible image on my monitor and a good one on the net. I have not figured this out.

Hmm? I gots to do some searching. There must be someone with knowledge who can simply say, "Do this and it will look ok on the net."

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:18 PM   #13

Ive yet to remember to do that bit so the file is output for Web use. Maybe that will help.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Ive yet to remember to do that bit so the file is output for Web use. Maybe that will help.
While I've used the PS, preview for net option, I took a better look at it today. You can actually have two or four views of the same image, one being the way it looks on your monitor, the other three being assigned various possible output settings. The only one that works reliably is PNG 24, and that's more or less like posting a TIF file - Big file! In other words, ain't gonna happen...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:06 AM   #15

The first version is a little flat, but the scene is a little flat. I like it better than the second version.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote