Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:39 PM   #91
Super Moderator

The important thing is that you enjoy it, and as you enjoy it you are likely to be more keen to practise which will help you improve.

Things that can help you get better.

Be critical about your own photos. You are the first to see them, forget that they are your own work for a moment and think do I really like this photo, why/why not, what could I change, what could I add, what is distracting, what is the light doing, could I position myself better, I'm I shooting from too high/too low, frame tigher, frame looser etc etc.

Post here for advice and critique, be willing for someone to say that they don't like it, we've all had bad shots and we all have loads and loads of shots that could be improved, it's rare that there is nothing wrong with a photo. By learning how others see your work you can get better.... remember though we all have different tastes too.

Look at the work of other photographers who are shooting the same/similar subjects to you. With weddings, I have my fave photographers and I keep going back and checking their work. It just gives me ideas on angles, lighting, poses (although I hate posed shots) etc. With shooting sports events, especially if it's not a sport I've shot before or for a long time I will check out Getty Images and see what the pros are producing to see the key elements.

Finally my 3 golden rules (although I've not quoted them for a long time and notice others were using them - hmmm should have put a copyright on them) practise, practise, practise.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:41 PM   #92
Super Moderator

so many great sets here, too many to comment on.

i have been following each new post, and am impressed with our collective level of excellence here. great job everyone.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:46 PM   #93

Way too many great photos to comment on them all! A great collection from everyone. I'll see if I can't find some that are my favorites that are up to par with these already posted.

Great idea.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:53 PM   #94
Super Moderator

Well we are still going along nicely with more and more people posting. I realised that some might not be aware that this thread is here as it is in the not overly popular 'Other Photos' section.

I've listed below everyone who has been brave enough to share their work so far (31 people... impressed) and thought we could send an invite to others that might not have joined in as yet. So please post the names of those you would like included and I will send a PM to them all (please spell their screen names exactly right as I will just be copy and pasting) to see if they would like to play too. Even if someone has suggested a person, it will be a good moral boost to them if you want to see them join in by posting their name again.

OK here is the list in posting order.

Me
Hards80
jgredline
Hawgwild
spy
Ancientritual
Eetu
Photo 5
NMRecording
Ed Bray
mike_1
MadMikeSS
pbjunkiee
tikamidnight
maggo85
Walter_S
Ordo
mtngal
penolta
Dwayne Oakes
pboerger
Simple
Trojansoc
a200user
stockdogtta
bhammitt
fldspringer
Rodney9
Pure Evo
LTZ470
DSProtection

Thanks to everyone for making this thread what it is, and I look forward to seeing more people..... and then not too long everyone for the next phase of this with another 5 of the best.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:55 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Daniel, I can only agree with Mark, and I think the first pic qualifies as a "difftcult lighting" photo, and you have nailed it. Nice pics, overall. Is that your dog?
Thank you:-)

Yes, and because my LCD has low resolution, I didnīt no if I nailed it until I got home several hours later and looked at my computer. I was really glad I got it right.
No, thats not our dog. We just had it a couple of days. My parents also have a Leonberger. They are nice dogs. Isee you have a lovely dog too.
Best regards/Daniel

Last edited by DSProtection; Apr 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:59 PM   #96

Thanks Mark for the tips above. Iīm glad that you and many others share your knowledge.
Take care
//Daniel
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:52 PM   #97

These are my 5 from this year. All a little different. The only one I really knew how to shoot it was number 3
Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:50 AM   #98

Great shots shoturtle...really like the compositions and the photos are awesome...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:17 AM   #99

Everyone has shown some really fantastic photos. This was a great thread.
Best regards/Daniel
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:25 AM   #100

Thank LTZ

This year was my year to expand my photography into different directions. And the Board has given me plenty of new ideas to try.