Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:04 PM   #51

That beach shot is one of the best I've seen of Blackpool!

Simples!
Ed Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:24 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
That beach shot is one of the best I've seen of Blackpool!

Simples!
yeah its cos the beach is clean LOL ..... i have two versions of this more or less exactly the same one with donkeys the other without and more beach.... thanks
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:32 PM   #53

if you want to, you can send me the full size of the beach, ill be able to clean it up a bunch more, get rid of all the people?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:30 PM   #54

Some fantastic new photos I haven't seen before in this thread, from photographers it's my please to meet for the first time, but I'm also seeing some of my favorite photos I have seen before in the Pentax forum and others I have visited....in particular Harriet's Antelope Canyon shots and simple's "martial eagle."

Well done by all. I guess I'm going to have to try to narrow down my choices. I'm a lot like Harriet; I know of a couple, but after that, the choices are not so clear.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:47 PM   #55

Simple - I really love your pictures, now that I'm looking at them on my home monitor. I should know better than look at photos at work - the monitor I usually use isn't very good for photos (there's probably something wrong with it, but it doesn't matter for what I do at work). When I looked at them at lunch-time, I wasn't sure about the Blackpool beach picture. Now that I'm home, it's stunning as is all of your pictures. Lesson learned - monitors matter.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:04 PM   #56

OK.... I'm finally ready to settle on five. Like some others, I've tried to pick my favorites from different types of shooting. Perhaps my favorite "action" shot had no action at all, just intense concentration while waiting on a rebound in a girls' basketball game

BTW....an ironic note....the girl in maroon transferred to our high school and is now one of my favorite students. I had a page open with her pic on it, she yells out, "Hey, that's me!" Being very observant, I had not even thought about the connection.

There is no question what my favorite landscape shot has been so far....one for which I had to get up at 4am and drive up the NE coast of Oahu to wait on a beach for sunrise....

One of my all-time favorite shots came from a high school production of "The Wiz." Meet the scarecrow.

One of the highlights of the Spring each year is the annual Tulip Festival at the local botanical garden. The colors make this one of my favorite shots.

As many birds as I shoot, it seems almost criminal to not include a favorite avian shot, but my favorite shot from the world of non-humans is an almost-human member of my family. This shot was the first result of a challenge in the Bi-Weekly Challenge Forum....hi-key or low-key photography. One person, seeing a snapshot of Melvin walking down a road, wanted to know if it was a bear or a hog..... nope, just a fat old man (hmmmm.....what's that about pets resembling their masters?)

I love this idea for a thread; perhaps others could force us to examine favorites in specific categories. In addition to seeing the work of photographers I don't normally see, this thread is valuable in forcing self-evaluation, and in enjoying many of the pleasures we remember experiencing with each photo in the list.

Not in the league with many others, but some of my favorites.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
if you want to, you can send me the full size of the beach, ill be able to clean it up a bunch more, get rid of all the people?
the people add interest and gradually lead you up you the pier in the other shot it as two kids making sand castles and a guy playing golf but not that noticable when cropped so small..... i like em just as they are but thanks for the offer and to everyone for there comments

trojan i can see why you like the landscape shot so much i really like the rays in this one and the palm trees .
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Simple - I really love your pictures, now that I'm looking at them on my home monitor. I should know better than look at photos at work - the monitor I usually use isn't very good for photos (there's probably something wrong with it, but it doesn't matter for what I do at work). When I looked at them at lunch-time, I wasn't sure about the Blackpool beach picture. Now that I'm home, it's stunning as is all of your pictures. Lesson learned - monitors matter.

thankyou for your kind comments , my current monitor is poor too i think its time i upgraded from this el cheapo
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:45 PM   #59

1. Taba, Sinai, on the Red Sea - technically not great, but one of my favorite places in the world. Kodak DC4800

2. Jerusalem, Konica Minolta A200

3. Straw Flower - Pentax K100D

4. Goldfinch - K100D

5. Loves of my Life - K100D

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:05 PM   #60

Jim, very nice photos. It is amazing to me the level of talent here at Steves. I have always believed that passion is required to do something well, and I'm seeing it in yours and others' photos. Thanks.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote