Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:18 PM   #61

Jim - I really love that picture from Jerusalem.

I agree - photography is better when you are passionate about it. My pictures "taken to someone else's order" are usually not as good as those that I take because I feel connected to the subject. You can see that also in Paul's low-key picture of Melvin - I love how the black dog is lit to separate him from the black background, but that's not the whole story. Like Jim's picture of his loved ones, you can see the love and care taken with the shot.

This is a great, fun thread!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:56 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Jim, very nice photos. It is amazing to me the level of talent here at Steves. I have always believed that passion is required to do something well, and I'm seeing it in yours and others' photos. Thanks.
Hawgwild, thanks, and you are so right about the talent here. I was hesitant to show anything after looking at was already posted.

I see you are in Pensacola. I was stationed at Corey Field off Navy Blvd for 6 months 1970-71. The F4 Phantoms from NAS would buzz our barracks on Sunday morning and knock us out of our bunks. Spent some time on Pensacola Beach, Ft. Pickens, etc. Wish I had a decent camera in those days.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:07 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Jim - I really love that picture from Jerusalem.

I agree - photography is better when you are passionate about it. My pictures "taken to someone else's order" are usually not as good as those that I take because I feel connected to the subject. You can see that also in Paul's low-key picture of Melvin - I love how the black dog is lit to separate him from the black background, but that's not the whole story. Like Jim's picture of his loved ones, you can see the love and care taken with the shot.

This is a great, fun thread!
Thanks Harriet. I hadn't thought of it, but you are so right about being passionate about your subject. Location helps too. Your canyon shot is fantastic. I don't think we have as much to get passionate about in Buffalo..... our Sabres just lost again to the Bruins, down 3 games to 1 in the first round, now all we have to look forward to is ......... the Bills? Good thing I'm not into sports photography.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:08 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
Hawgwild, thanks, and you are so right about the talent here. I was hesitant to show anything after looking at was already posted.

I see you are in Pensacola. I was stationed at Corey Field off Navy Blvd for 6 months 1970-71. The F4 Phantoms from NAS would buzz our barracks on Sunday morning and knock us out of our bunks. Spent some time on Pensacola Beach, Ft. Pickens, etc. Wish I had a decent camera in those days.

Jim
Jim, not much has changed here since 1970, but the population has increased some, and the Phantoms have been replaced by the FA 18 Hornet, still practicing and , I'm sure, buzzing those barracks at Corry.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:50 PM   #65

I have a long way to go to come close to what some have posted but in the year I have had my camera I enjoy every time I use it. Here are five of mine to add to the post.

Dennis
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:50 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
...Walter, I could look at your photos all day, I hope to be able to recreate something similar one day for my wall!!
Well first of all - I must apologize for not having seen this comment before tonight. I have been rather busy with my boat lately - early spring is the time of the year where it needs most attention.

So let me - very humbly - thank you, Mark1616 - for your ever so kind words of appreciation! This is more than I deserve, as I am sure your own photos are much more interesting to look at than mine. It helps that I have the scenery, nature and landscapes of a nice country to rely on - and for some of you it may even look kind of exotic.

Thank you!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:27 PM   #67

This is great seeing so many beautiful photos in one thread! I think these are my favorite 5.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; Jun 4, 2010 at 9:29 PM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:22 PM   #68

Nice pics, Bob. Apparently, I never saw the butterfly pic, the only word I can come up with is...Amazing!. I absolutely love it.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:25 PM   #69

I'm lovin' this thread...you people are awesome photographers, each in your own right. Way too many to comment on!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:00 PM   #70

I'll contribute, but not compete. Lots of really good stuff here.

https://dogsportphoto.smugmug.com/
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote