Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:37 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
I don't think we have as much to get passionate about in Buffalo......
Jim, is that a challenge for me to find more stuff in WNY to highlight with my camera? I thought I was inspiring the WNY folks with my photos of the local sights that folks don't really think about. It's all good, just gotta find the good in things and there is a lot of history and geography in this region that interests me. I'm sure you'll find it all on your own.

As for this thread, a lot of great photos from everyone. Mark, great idea and I welcome another thread like this. Just give me time to get out and get some new material.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:42 PM   #82

Still a noob...hopefully one day I will come close to the excellent photographers posting here...truly amazing skills and photos everyone...a real pleasure to look at these and see into the mind and through the eyes of the photographer that took them...

Attached Images

Last edited by LTZ470; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:48 PM   #83

What a collection of photos! It's been a few days since I've visited this thread, and far too many photos to comment on all of them. There are a few, though, from the last few days that stand out for me. Stockdotta's dandelion jumps out with its lighting....Bob's pair of butterflies is amazing, as his his B&W photo of the mansion flanked by two street lights....fldspringer's spaniel leaping at a bird has always been one of my favorite dog shots on this forum, as is Rodney's luminescent role. Pure Evo, wasn't that presentation at the Polynesian Culture a blast to shoot? I did it a couple of summers ago and my fire dancer shots are among my favorites. You did a really nice job of capturing the fire, not an easy feat.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:30 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojansoc View Post
Pure Evo, wasn't that presentation at the Polynesian Culture a blast to shoot? I did it a couple of summers ago and my fire dancer shots are among my favorites. You did a really nice job of capturing the fire, not an easy feat.

Paul
Yeah, it was great, and thanks! About 2000 of the 7000+ photos I took in Hawaii were of the PCC's island presentations, luau and show (two 16GB cards ) Among them, I got a ton of great fire shots. So much color and beauty there! And most of the fire shots were done with simple presets on the D90 and the package lens, I was so impressed!

I'm going to start another thread in "Other Photos" called "Fire", and I'd love to see some of your shots!
Pure Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:21 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeSS View Post
Jim, is that a challenge for me to find more stuff in WNY to highlight with my camera? I thought I was inspiring the WNY folks with my photos of the local sights that folks don't really think about. It's all good, just gotta find the good in things and there is a lot of history and geography in this region that interests me. I'm sure you'll find it all on your own.
Oh, I knew I would regret my remark if you read it Mike. I have to hand it to Mike, he really gets out and brings out the best in Buffalo and WNY. I did post a series in the Pentax forum of the Parkside neighborhood, Darwin Martin House, Richardson complex, etc. and some from Forest Lawn Cemetery. Yes there is a lot to offer, and thanks to Mike's threads, I must formally retract my statement. Hope to run into you one of these weekends, if I don't recognize your kids, I'll know you behind the Pentax.
Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:09 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
Oh, I knew I would regret my remark if you read it Mike. I have to hand it to Mike, he really gets out and brings out the best in Buffalo and WNY. I did post a series in the Pentax forum of the Parkside neighborhood, Darwin Martin House, Richardson complex, etc. and some from Forest Lawn Cemetery. Yes there is a lot to offer, and thanks to Mike's threads, I must formally retract my statement. Hope to run into you one of these weekends, if I don't recognize your kids, I'll know you behind the Pentax.
Jim
It's ok Jim, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'll have to check out your thread since I haven't had a chance yet.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:10 PM   #87

Wow! This is alot of beautiful photos!
It will be hard to find my 5 favourite photos, but Ill give it a try. Im not the worlds best photographer. Have only been doing this for a year, and only the last months with a DSLR.
Here comes my favourites.
Hope you like them.

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:15 PM   #88
Super Moderator

Daniel, for a pretty new shooter you have nothing at all to be concerned about. You've got some lovely shots here with some hard lighting situations and done very well.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:23 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Daniel, for a pretty new shooter you have nothing at all to be concerned about. You've got some lovely shots here with some hard lighting situations and done very well.
Thank you very much Mark. Im really glad to hear that from you. Ill keep on training. I love doing this so, I hope I get as good as you and everybody else on this forum.

Take care
//Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:29 PM   #90

Daniel, I can only agree with Mark, and I think the first pic qualifies as a "difftcult lighting" photo, and you have nailed it. Nice pics, overall. Is that your dog?

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote