Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:07 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default 5 of the best - A showcase

Hi everyone,

As I look around Steve's I get to see a lot of great shots in various sections and I often think that there must be loads people are missing out on if you don't get a chance to check things out. Now it's not possible for everyone to look at everything so I thought it would be great to showcase what our members are doing.

Now you don't have to be the greatest photographer to join in, and don't be intimidated by the work of Spy, Hards80, Walter S to name just a few in landscape, or JohnG and TG in sports or the wonderful wildlife shooters we have (I really shouldn't have started to name names as I might offend people for not mentioning them, we just have too many good photographers to list, that's my excuse).... although it's hard not to with the class of shots we see. This is a chance to share what is good about Steve's, the great photos that we've captured, we have very few pro's here unlike some sites so we are just a great bunch of photographers wanting to learn.

I see this as a place to get inspiration and ideas for taking our photographer to the next level.

One of my challenges is not to post all 5 photos from the same genre but pull in at least 2 or 3 areas of photography.

Why did I choose 5 photos, well for those how don't have hosted photos then this is the max that you can have with the sites software configuration, also too many and we could get photo overload.

I did realise I had a problem when starting this thread which is I don't have my hard drives with me so having to try to find other posts where I've got some photos. In reality it was harder than I thought as I simply couldn't decide what to share LOL.

So to reiterate, please post only 5 photos per member (max longest size 1024 but pref a bit smaller as this is going to potentially be a killer thread), put them all in a single post, please get involved, yes we are all different standards but it's great to share and have fun!!

Let's start with a wedding shot that I always found so cute.

Some abstract, macro water action.

Keeping the orange theme a sunset

While we are at it, a bit more orange and a still life

I really wanted to include some sports as this has always been my main passion, but this photo was so well received with the lighting, the play of the blues and browns and the great old guy I had to include it.

"Contemplation"

If this goes down well I might have to do 5 of the best v2 so we can share more. It's up to you to make this a success.

Last thing, this isn't the area to rip people to shreds, it's a chance to see what people are doing, viewing work that we might not ever have been able to see as they are spread all over.

Happy shooting

Mark

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:40 PM   #2
Super Moderator

5, wow, going to be hard to choose. and i am sure after i choose them i will change my mind in 5 minutes. but anyways, just to give it a go

#1 "Everyone's Connected"

#2 Leaf on Deck

#3 Contemplation

#4 Still Waiting for You

#5 Into the Blue

Last edited by Hards80; Apr 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM. Reason: can't count
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:49 PM   #3

Wow, This is going to be very hard. I will see what I can find, especially following what has already been put up..
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:50 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
Wow, This is going to be very hard. I will see what I can find, especially following what has already been put up..
Looking forward to it..... remember not all street stuff either

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
remember not all street stuff either
That is what is going to make it tough for me
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:21 PM   #6

Ok, The first is a picture I took as I was loading up to go home from a bad day of shooting. I remember this day and picture well. I took it with my Pentax Spotmatic with a super Takumar 35mm lens. The film was Ilford XP-2
I saw the image perfectly framed out the back window of my truck and I always have a film camera ready to go for times like this....

This one I call my lucky shot.

Now I am way out of my element. This is more of a case of being lucky. When I see we are having bad weather I try and head out to the beach to see what I can get. On this day the rain never did come, but instead ended up with some pretty clouds.
K20D and the Sigma 10-20 UWA

I am going to have come up with another. I really do not have much I like allot.
Ok, this one was ok as well. A street portrait.

Last edited by jgredline; Apr 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:43 PM   #7

Wow, if this thread isn'e a wake-up-call. I don't know what is. Mark has made me realize I have tunnel vision when it comes to photography. I will try...
My first, my Granddaughter Isabella from this Easter..

Second one, entitled "This baby is HUNGRY"!

Number three, "Cinderella's Castle"

Number four, "Halloween Pennant"

And last, but certainly not least, my boy King...

Good idea, Mark..

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:01 PM   #8

Hawgwild,....a really beautiful set...although I have to admit it was hard to go past the first one. You have a beautiful granddaughter and you have caught her well.

Mark, great idea for a thread, but the bar has been set high. For some of us the task won't be choosing our five best, but choosing five shots that won't embarrass us when placed beside the shots we have seen so far.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojansoc View Post
Hawgwild,....a really beautiful set...although I have to admit it was hard to go past the first one. You have a beautiful granddaughter and you have caught her well.

Mark, great idea for a thread, but the bar has been set high. For some of us the task won't be choosing our five best, but choosing five shots that won't embarrass us when placed beside the shots we have seen so far.

Paul
Go for it, Paul! That was my thought also, but we're all friends here(I hope)

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:31 PM   #10

That was exactly my thought, Paul! I'm not sure I can find 5 that really rise above the rest, and a couple that I find memorable, aren't necessarily my best pictures. I'll have to think about this for a while.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote