Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 5, 2010, 5:33 PM   #81
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
I'm in the same situation Mark... but I have I bit more time left, the wedding takes place on the 24th of July

But I'm in Austria - I guess things are much easier to organize than down in Egypt.... wish you all the best!
LOL, I think so, majorly in fact. Here they don't really do anything until 3 months before, if I had been in the UK it would likely have been a year, however I shouldn't complain, I'm generally happy being here, certainly not complaining about the weather

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 6:19 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Thanks jgredline, nope, I'm English but have been living in Egypt since the start of Feb to be closer to my fiancee and to get the arrangements done. We have a crazy story which some think is pretty romantic, but the more recent part is that I left work, family and friends in the UK to live here for 9 months to a year.... it's certainly interesting and living here is very different to all the holidays I've had out here.
This is fascinating. Going by your handle, I am guessing your a Christian. How is this working for you in a predominantly Muslim country? I would love to read the story
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 6:26 PM   #83
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
This is fascinating. Going by your handle, I am guessing your a Christian. How is this working for you in a predominantly Muslim country? I would love to read the story
Well it's a long one (story) and honestly we've been considering putting it down in book form for a long time as there has been so much going on since 2001 to get to where we are now.

Yep, I'm a Christian as is she, and it is different for sure being over here, there are many things that Christians are restricted in due to the culture. However, I will say that most people here are lovely and for me being a foreigner at least they can't do enough for me.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old May 5, 2010, 6:54 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Well it's a long one (story) and honestly we've been considering putting it down in book form for a long time as there has been so much going on since 2001 to get to where we are now.

Yep, I'm a Christian as is she, and it is different for sure being over here, there are many things that Christians are restricted in due to the culture. However, I will say that most people here are lovely and for me being a foreigner at least they can't do enough for me.
A story for another day. Still, how very cool. Marriage is a very beautiful thing. I was blessed to have married my Jr High School girlfriend. Both of us have only ever had each other. Yep, we where both kids and met at a tiny Christian School in 1977. Got married at 20 and that was 25 years ago...Best advice I received in pre marital counseling was to always remember the 3 C's and it will work forever. Christ, commitment and communication...
May you do the same and may God bless you and yours
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 7:24 PM   #85
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
A story for another day. Still, how very cool. Marriage is a very beautiful thing. I was blessed to have married my Jr High School girlfriend. Both of us have only ever had each other. Yep, we where both kids and met at a tiny Christian School in 1977. Got married at 20 and that was 25 years ago...Best advice I received in pre marital counseling was to always remember the 3 C's and it will work forever. Christ, commitment and communication...
May you do the same and may God bless you and yours
I think that's wise...... also it's 3.20am here so probably should be sleeping. Thanks for the 3 C's I will keep those in mind!!

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:23 PM   #86

Marriage? Wedding? I went to a really cool wedding recently - the bride was given away by her two daughters and the bridesmaids were the granddaughters. The best man was the grooms son. Bride and groom were so radiant, just about the happiest couple I've ever seen. One is 70 and the other is 74 - it was such a beautiful event.

I hope yours will go the same way.

As fascinating as your upcoming nuptials are (I can imagine that organizing a wedding in Egypt must be really "interesting"), I also want to say that there's been more outstanding pictures posted here. It really is too hard to point to one, even one per poster and say "this is my favorite". Every time I look at them I see something new and change my mind as to which I prefer.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 6:18 AM   #87

My goodness, I am humbled and awed by the skills shown here. Just five I like with as much variety as possible.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 8:22 AM   #88

Time to contribute to this new thread. These are more recent photos:

This one was accepted to the Pentax Photo Gallery recently, Chrysanthemum at the market.

Waterfalls and Gorge at Watkins Glen State Park

And these 3 are from the Toronto Zoo just this past sunday.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:01 AM   #89

No way i can comment on all the great picks posted in this thread. They're too many.
The baby chimp is a cute one!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 6:59 AM   #90

MadMikeSS, I really like your last one!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote