Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:24 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Another 5 of the best (hmm, so that is probably 5 of the almost best LOL)

As everyone did such a great job in the original 5 of the best - A showcase I thought that it was time to start the next edition as it doesn't seem like anyone else is going to play. If you've not posted in the previous thread, please do so before posting in this one.

Please follow the same guide as before when posting.

1. Make a serious effort to choose 5 of your top photos not just the first 5 'OK' ones that you spot. Post the 5 photos in a single post not 5 separate ones.
2. Don't post all the same style/genre, include at least 2 different styles so show your diversity.
3. Keep photos to a maximum size of 1024 pixels, but a bit smaller is probably wise to keep the size of this thread down a bit.
4. Only one photo post (5 shots) per member but feel free to comment is subsequent posts.
5. This is not the place to critique, beat up people etc, but friendly encouragement is always appreciated and welcome.
6. Get involved and don't be worried that some people might be better than you.... we all have this problem, none of us has mastered this photography game.
7. Enjoy the great work that the members here at Steve's are putting together.

This selection was even harder than previously as I used a lot of my newer good stuff up and haven't been shooting so much recently. Let's see what I can come up with to get the ball rolling. As with last time, I've gone for 5 different genres to give as much coverage of photography as I'm able to in 5 shots.... you don't have to do this, I'm just trying to give ideas and inspiration.

1 Well I thought I should start with another wedding shot same as before.

2 I didn't give you any wildlife last time so here is a BIF. This is one of the few photos I have on display at home printed at A2. This isn't the best edit of it but I don't have the original to edit again as that is back in the UK (excuses, excuses).

3 A 'Blue Hour' water/landscape

4 I really couldn't decide what to go for with sports shooting as there are so many over the years. In the end I've gone for something more recent. This is from an international Tae Kwon Do event. Here we have Egypt v Croatia U16 girls, I think.

5 Let's finish with a little LOVE. This was a Photo of the week winner at another forum. I think more for concept rather than the execution.

Let's see them

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.

Last edited by Mark1616; Apr 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:29 AM   #2

My "alternate 5", primarily for the moment they captured as opposed to the actual photographic merit. I only recently got a "nice" camera, so most of my shots I'm searching through aren't great quality, but:

1. Tiger at the National Zoo, DC. I know it's dark, but I like it that way
2. Humpback whale saying "Hi!", Big Island, HI
3. Isolated Flower, Brookside Gardens, MD
4. Timer photo on the beach, Mexico
5. An old film photo I took when I lived in Guatemala. I only recently found my negatives, and they were in pretty bad shape. But this is still one of my favorite shots I've ever taken, scratchy or not. We were walking through a corn field, and turned around to see a rainbow right behind us. I was so glad I had my camera with me that day!
Attached Images

Pure Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:25 PM   #3

1. Golden Digger Wasp on milkweed

Name:  A5-wasp3.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  36.2 KB

2. Cabbage White on wallflower

Name:  cwonwallflower.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  45.8 KB

3. Brown Pelican preparing to dive

Name:  IMGP0066r.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  66.6 KB

4. Water tower converted into living space

Name:  IMGP1147r.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  91.2 KB

5. Eden Rose

Name:  IMGP1815.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  86.6 KB
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:27 PM   #4

We may need a little more time between sets of 5, 2 weeks is a bit short of a time period. I just do not have the time to shoot enough new stuff to keep up right now,
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
We may need a little more time between sets of 5, 2 weeks is a bit short of a time period. I just do not have the time to shoot enough new stuff to keep up right now,
It's not about new stuff, as unlikely your new work will constitute your top 5, 10, 15 etc, although it might play a part. What we don't want is people rushing out just to take 5 shots to post of low quality, it's better to trawl the archives, my five are from 2008, 2009 and 2010.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
No one said they have to be new. With 3700 posts you must have some older good ones that newer members haven't yet seen. It is an opportunity to reprise some old favorites.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:50 PM   #7

I just switch from film to digital slr last june. So my old inventory of digital shots are not as many with dslr quality. My point and shoot photos are not as good. But I will venture to see if I can find some acceptable one. Because the thread is BEST 5, don't want to post some average stuff, as there are some really great stuff that was posted on the last thread.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:06 PM   #8

I'll bung in a few

Ed Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:24 PM   #9

Well, this was a hard one, but I try. Have as said before just been doing photographing for about a year so I donīt have loads of good photos. But here they are.

Water!

My first B/W portrait shot!

Winter swan!

Soccer!

"Barro" our german shepherd that now is a swedish police dog!
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:25 PM   #10

Beautiful photos from all of you other guys.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote