Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:00 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I'm impressed too, getting Rembrandt lighting in a sports photo is a bit special.
You got that right! Most of the time its wide open spaces and bright harsh sunlight. This particular venue had trees on one side of the field graced by late afternoon sun. Its rare to get these conditions. The best I hope for is early morning or late aternoon to get the "golden hour" sun. To get that and natural gobos is not often found.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:58 PM   #32

Well, this is rather tough for me because there is nothing I am really happy with that I have done of late.
But if I had to choose some favorites, these would be them.

Light.
Simply a lucky shot.

Canon G9

Which way honey?
These two folks where so cute. Even their facial expressions are similar.

Canon G9

The secret window.
Ok. I was at Persian square in DT-LA. when I saw this fellow across the street.
He was 6 stories high and it lined up pretty good to where I was at. I climbed on top of the wall and positioned my G9 on some rocks.
Composed and set the timer to 2 sec and let it go. I am pretty sure ISO is 400 which usually never works in the G9. Still, I really like the image.
I used Topaz denois v5 and converted to black and white and added grain in CS5

Canon G9

The praying man.
This one is another one I liked...This guy was waiting for the rest room when he decided to get on his knees
and started praying as loud as his lungs would go...''Dear god, I pray that this guy is hearing my prayers so
I can get in there as I can no longer hold it and I pray that he is not stinking it up!''

Canon G9

Swept off her feet!
This was another capture I really liked. The fellow just picked up his girlfriend and told her how much he loved being with her.

Canon G9

Last edited by jgredline; Sep 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:47 PM   #33

Great series of photos so far! Here are 5 of my favorites from this summer:

Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:07 AM   #34

I just recently formatted my hard drive and re-installed everything, so I have been busy with my computer and not doing much else. Anyway, this thread is another fine one, many very nice photos from all the brave members. WAY too many to try and catch up on right now... So I had to look very hard, as I haven't really been shooting a lot lately. It's been so hot I have been staying indoors a lot. Well, here's my five...

Of course, my Granddaughter, Isabella, now at 22 months... It's my sons birthday but she wanted a hat

My friend's son Cody, with his dog Buddy and my dog King sitting on the dock at the river, staring intently at something...

A Blue Angel making a high speed turn right in front of me, I never heard anything so loud in my life!

A shot I made late in the afternoon from our pier, looking west. Just beyond the horizon is California!

My Granddaughter, "reflecting"...

Thanks for looking, and thanls to Mark for the party!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Last edited by Hawgwild; Nov 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Lost all the pictures, had to reload 'em!
Hawgwild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:58 AM   #35

Hey Mark, thanks for starting another thread... just came back from my holiday in the USA, so I'll post my 5 shots ASAP

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:45 AM   #36

Zig, I love the last shot of yours the most! How did you take that one and did you do any PP or anything special? If I had not changed my background a few days ago, I'd put yours on it!
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:27 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honnes View Post
Zig, I love the last shot of yours the most! How did you take that one and did you do any PP or anything special? If I had not changed my background a few days ago, I'd put yours on it!
Hi Honnes,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated. I had to check my EXIF data and original image to verify what I did but, I took a single exposure image and used Photomatix light to tonemap it. I used Adobe's camera raw 5.6 to post process the image. Basically, adjusting the exposure up a little to brighten the foreground, then using the Luminance and Color sliders to eliminate some noise.

I meant to add that the shot was taken with an Olympus E-30 dslr using a 12-60mm lens hand held.

Thanks again.
( information corrected after reviewing EXIF data.)

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Sep 6, 2010 at 5:36 AM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:46 AM   #38

Here are the best 4 of what I have taken since we had the first round of the showcase and a 5th image that more people have commented on than just about any photo I have taken in the past 6 months -- it may not be the best but got people taking (the Bumpass brush truck picture)

I had to resize these...... Sunset picture shot in sunset mode no post production work at all on any photos.
Attached Images

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:35 AM   #39

I love this thread. Some very fine photographers here. I tried to be as diverse as possible.
My Five.
1. Funeral of soldier killed in Afghanistan.
2. Exteme HDR of sunset and storm clouds.
3. Trex Sue on display.
4. Mt. Shasta.
5. Interactive art at Burning Man Festival.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:48 AM   #40

Wow, Pboerger,

That shot of the extreme HDR storm clouds & sunset image looks as if it is directly out of one of the Lord of the Rings films.

Very impressive.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote