Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:03 PM   #81

thanks for doing this Mark. Inspirational for us novices.
perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:06 AM   #82
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdendosi View Post
thanks for doing this Mark. Inspirational for us novices.
It's nothing really, everyone else has done the hard work putting together these great photos

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:54 PM   #83

These are all shot with the Pentax DL and the kit lenses that come with it. First is the moon taken from an Interstate rest stop near Sedona, AZ.

Next is DJ hitting at Chase Field in Phoenix

These are the new pipes at the Freiburg Cathedral in Germany

The Griffon at Busch Gardens, VA

Finally a professor at William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA, circa 1800

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:57 PM   #84
Super Moderator

Wow, I didn't think the DL had been around since the 1800s LOL. Thanks for joining in

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:19 PM   #85

What we know of as "photography" was invented by Louis Daguerre and revealed to the public in 1839, so "circa 1800" is a bit of a stretch. And even then, exposure times were measured in minutes, so capturing the image of a person walking down the street was still several years away. Even photographs of the (US) Civil War show considerable motion blur if someone is just turning their head.

I host a popular website on the War of 1812. (That's the Anglo-American War to those of you outside North America.) I used to get a lot of e-mails from students asking me for help with their homework. An assignment that teachers frequently gave was to search the internet for photographs of the War of 1812. I finally just put an item in my FAQs page, explaining that there's no such thing.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:58 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
What we know of as "photography" was invented by Louis Daguerre and revealed to the public in 1839, so "circa 1800" is a bit of a stretch. And even then, exposure times were measured in minutes, so capturing the image of a person walking down the street was still several years away. Even photographs of the (US) Civil War show considerable motion blur if someone is just turning their head.

I host a popular website on the War of 1812. (That's the Anglo-American War to those of you outside North America.) I used to get a lot of e-mails from students asking me for help with their homework. An assignment that teachers frequently gave was to search the internet for photographs of the War of 1812. I finally just put an item in my FAQs page, explaining that there's no such thing.
Have you got a link to the site? I and My son Daniel would love to spend some time on it.
Thanks javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:08 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
Have you got a link to the site? I and My son Daniel would love to spend some time on it.
Thanks javier
I responded via PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:23 PM   #88

OK, OK, so it wasn't exactly 1800! How about 2008? What's 200 years compared to the age of the universe? In any case thanks for commenting.
Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:17 AM   #89

wow..!! its really wonderful to see all the masters at work in one thread..!! really wonderful pictures you have posted..one suggestion please if camera detail through which all the pictureis taken is shared then it would be a great help to many novice like me..thanks for sharing..!!
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:51 AM   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim007 View Post
wow..!! its really wonderful to see all the masters at work in one thread..!! really wonderful pictures you have posted..one suggestion please if camera detail through which all the pictureis taken is shared then it would be a great help to many novice like me..thanks for sharing..!!
Most (not all) people leave the exif data in the photos which will tell you the details (camera, settings etc). Get something like the free oPanda iExif viewer to unlock this info.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.