Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Dec 26, 2003, 12:05 PM   #1

Default Interesting experiment

A little story that goes with this picture.
I took the dog out about midnight and got to wondering if I could catch the silence of our neighborhood with a picture. I set up to shoot across the neighbors lawn. It was dark enough I couldn't really see much of anything thru the view finder and nothing in the lcd screen on the back to frame the shot. I ended up taking about a dozen shots, experimenting with various settings and guessing at where I was framed. This is a sample of what I got. Its not interesting subject matter and I didn't capture the quietness, but I did amaze myself with how bright the picture is. I'm still kinda new to this, have had the camera not quite a year and have no photgraphy background before that. I was amazed how bright everything turned up, especially how the sky lightened, and I'll bet it could have been brighter still had I gone longer time exposure. Its the first time I've tried shooting with no light source. The dull glow of a somewhat distant street light can be seen on the left side but to the naked eye when your standing there you don't realize its there. Its an Olympus C4000. I used the night shooting mode, ISO400, F2.8, 2.5seconds and turned the noise reduction on. As I said, I was just surprisd by the brightness....turning night into day....Dave
Davcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links