Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:43 AM   #1

Default Supermoan

Just kidding about the title -- it should be "Supermoon on Slaughter Road".

Apparently, other people know about my “discovery” of Slaughter Road in Middletown, NY as a great place to catch the sunrise -- or in this case, moonrise. Two cars were already parked there when my wife and I arrived waiting for the "supermoon". (One car left, though, before the moon came.)

We arrived five minutes early and the moon didn’t show up well after another five minutes (we're in a hilly area) so we had some time to photograph the landscape.

When the moon started to appear -- first a thin but tantalizingly very bright yellow stripe along the horizon -- it did so amazingly fast. In just a few, the whole moon was above and up in the sky. We guess you don’t really notice a celestial body in motion unless you see it rising from the horizon.

My photos of the moon are no better than others’ -- I've seen better moon photos taken with lesser equipment (in fact, I might post questions later if I don't figure out what I'm doing wrong) -- but I'm hoping you'd enjoy them anyway.

#1) Eastern sky seen from Slaughter Road.

#2) Moonrise.

#3) Supermoon on Slaughter Road.

#4) A plane flies above the moon.

#5) An unidentified flying object -- most likely of terrestrial origin -- passes in front of the moon.

Thank you for looking. C&C welcome.

vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links