Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:12 PM   #1

Default Deschutes County Fair and Rodeo

Here are some shots I took last night...

Canon T3, set on auto with flash disabled. All handheld (too many people to use a tripod).

Hip scarf. PP consisted of converting to TIFF and resizing. This is my favorite shot of the night (and interestingly, the first thing I photographed!)

Mohawk. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping and resizing. A bit out of focus because I really wanted to get out of there and I pushed the shutter button all the way down before it had a chance to focus. I had asked the proprietor for permission to take the shot. She agreed, but she was being really weird. I didn't like the feeling I was getting from her, so I acted like I got exactly what I wanted and I got out of there. I would've liked to play with the angle a little bit more.

Ferris wheel. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping and resizing. I realized that some of my best shots of the ferris wheel were from the backside of the ride, so there are big ugly generators and such. I went to the front to see if I could get a better shot and no... Too many other rides and people in the way. This was the best I could do. I refuse to go on carnie rides, so no shots from way up there.

Cowboys. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping and resizing. On a side note, this was not the shot I was going for and I didn't even realize that I had the rodeo boys in the shot, until I opened the photo (which I almost deleted without opening, because I realized that a lamp post - the bane of my existence last night - was between the ferris wheel and I). We're friends with the proprietors of the funnel cake stand and I wanted to get a shot of their place with the rides in the background.

Rasta booth. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping, resizing and adjusting saturation. This is my least favorite of all the shots, because I don't like the DOF. It feels too busy to me. And no, I don't smoke pot. LOL

The Zipper. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping and resizing. I didn't notice the guy looking right into the camera, until I blew up the shot. It kinda startled me!

T-shirt painting booth. PP consisted of converting to TIFF, cropping, resizing and adjusting saturation. I was completely infatuated with this booth. It was so happy and colorful! But, I'm really not happy with this photo, because it is out of focus and I didn't notice until I blew the image up. Humbug!

Last edited by JeannieBug; Aug 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM. Reason: To add that they are all handheld shots.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:58 AM   #2

Looks like you had a great night out. Love No.1, great composition, like the angle of the DOF you have used, and the colours are fab - love it.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:45 AM   #3

Thanks, Diane! That one is my favorite too!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:40 PM   #4

I just found these... sorry Jeanniebug

Nice colorful shots for nighttime, #1 has to be my choice as well, great composition
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:17 PM   #5

Thanks, Square one!