Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:00 PM   #1

Default Sunset sky

Looked outside and saw a beautiful scene, so i grabbed the camera and took a few shots. The first was through the (dirty) kitchen window. The other three from the nearby door.

The beauty lay in the clouds and the streaks of light and shadow. I'm not sure these pictures do it justice.
chacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:02 PM   #2

The popcorn clouds and streaks of light make for a lot of interest. I don't think the foreground clutter does much for the shots, though.
In general, what seems to work best when combining nature and artificial structures, is just one small element of one of them to contrast with the other which takes up the overwhelming amount of the photo, such as a single flower growing in the cracks of concrete, or a wind generator (or a cluster of them, as a repeating theme) in an otherwise natural setting.
Just my opinion, of course, and I do like the sky in the shots.
BTW, I jumped here from your other post, and if you are looking for critiques and comments, you probably ought to post in the Critiques section, as that is what it is for, and there have been some who don't care to have their work critiqued, and made an issue of it.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:06 PM   #3

I just saw some nice clouds and decided to capture them. I love (well-intended) critiques, but, it's not like i was trying for a professional shot worthy of them. Does that still belong in the other forum?

I wanted to capture not just the clouds, but the sun too. Which, given its hiding place, made it hard to ignore the building.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:13 PM   #4

Only if you wanted the critique. Sorry.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:11 PM   #5

I do want comments, and i'll accept critiques. I'm just saying i wasn't trying to do anything special, so i don't feel like i deserve critique.

I hope i'm explaining it well. I guess next time i should post in the other forum.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:14 AM   #6

those clouds are really interesting, and looks like you and the camera captured them well.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 AM   #7

As i think of the comment "I don't think the foreground clutter does much for the shots" i wonder if it were better to take a picture of the center of the sky to avoid the sun hiding behind the buildings.

As i think about that thought, i can't believe i actually care.