Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:57 PM   #1

Default August 2016 photo's

August 2016 was not one of my better months for creative photography. It seems that family events and grandkids have been dominating my photographic outings lately. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1. With some family visiting I made one of our family porchraits for them.
Sony-A850, Minolta 28-75(D) @ 35mm, ISO 320, f/5.6, 1/60sec, two off camera flashes

2. 50 year anniversary portrait California style. Redondo Beach, CA. I was the ring bearer in their wedding.
Sony-A850, Minolta 28-75(D) @ 75mm, ISO 320, f/5,6, 1/400sec, off camera flash.

3. The new quilt from grandma.
Sony A-850, Minolta 28-75(D) @ 30mm, f/8, 1/60sec, three off camera flashes

4. One of my two photographic outings. A trip to the tide pools at sunset.
Sony A6000, Sony 18-200LE @32mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/400sec, -0.7ev

5. My other photographic outing. The Sturgeon full moon. Taken from the port of Los Angles with the moon rising over the mountains in Orange County.
Sony-A900, Sony 70-400G @ 400mm, ISO 320, f/5.6, 1.3sec

Thanks for looking.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:25 PM   #2

Great series, Mike! I love your family pics. That first one, how did you manage to get back into the pose, and look as if you'd been there all along?

I hate seeing your pics made with the A6000. You know I'm leaning toward that or the 6300, because of the weight.

Very nice picture of the anniversary couple. So let's see...50th anniversary, you were the ring bearer. Using my common core math skills I have recently acquired, that would put you in your mid-thirties .

I see all your grands were not on hand. That would be a killer shot. I know the logistics for getting all the family together, and that is possibly why it doesn't happen too often.

Keep shooting Grandpa, and we'll keep enjoying. Now I have to post some recent pics, but first I have to make them haha.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:32 AM   #3

While I enjoyed seeing all your pics, #2 is a dynamite shot. Just perfect to me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Great series, Mike! I love your family pics. That first one, how did you manage to get back into the pose, and look as if you'd been there all along?

I hate seeing your pics made with the A6000. You know I'm leaning toward that or the 6300, because of the weight.

Very nice picture of the anniversary couple. So let's see...50th anniversary, you were the ring bearer. Using my common core math skills I have recently acquired, that would put you in your mid-thirties .

I see all your grands were not on hand. That would be a killer shot. I know the logistics for getting all the family together, and that is possibly why it doesn't happen too often.

Keep shooting Grandpa, and we'll keep enjoying. Now I have to post some recent pics, but first I have to make them haha.
Hey Robert,
Thanks for looking and replyin.

The trick to getting yourself into the portrait is to use a wireless remote. The Sony remote control RMT-DSLR1 and RMT-DSLR2 are the wireless remotes I have and use them all the time for the many group portraits we take when the family gets together.
To keep everyone interested long enough I usually set-up before I call them out. Then I will put a kid or two next to where I sit. Then I let them push the 2 sec button and that shows the blinking red light just long enough for everyone to smile. The kids love pushing the button and watching the flashes go off. I love watching them fight over the remote and even more, watching my kids get mad at me for starting the fight.

Being grampa can be good.

These remotes work with the NEX-6 and A600 too.

The E-mount cameras caused a lot of mixed feelings when I first bought my nex-6. A large amount of Sony shooters (or Sony/Minolta lens owners as I am) were thinking "get into e-mount or stay with a-mount". I read about a lot of a-mount users dumping all there gear and buying into the e-mount system. I almost did. They both have their place in my photography needs. The NEX-6, A600 are the best traveling cameras I've ever used. Mount the SEL 18-200 LE lens to the A600 with the small 20 flash and you have a very powerful small portable camera kit. Great for non-photography trips (trike ride) or hiking.

You can pick up a NEX-6 for very cheap these days $200ish. I can recommend that camera as being good enough. I actually prefer the NEX6 over the A600 for taking portraits with the small SEL 50 f/1.8. You don't need that much detail for portraits, 16mp on aps-c sized sensor is plenty.

All right, your turn Robert, looking forward to seeing some new Bella photo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
While I enjoyed seeing all your pics, #2 is a dynamite shot. Just perfect to me.
Thanks Bynx, I appreciate your reply.

They were happy with the framed 8X10 I gave them. I also set-up multiple flashes in the big room that their anniversary party was in and shot about 100 shots. I put them on a flash drive and gave it to their daughter.

Funny side story; They left for Vegas the next morning and took their $25 receipt from Caesars Palace from their honeymoon in 1966. Caesars Palace upgraded their room when they showed them the reicept.
Attached Images

lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:35 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing these...enjoyed every one.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote