Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 20, 2004, 9:28 PM   #11

working on all comments thanks
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 2:28 AM   #12

Aladyforty, I played with fruits the other day tto and I posted some photos here

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=24789

First of all, my orange slices were 7-8 mm thick. I experimented with different thickness and at the end I realized that 7-9 mm best suits the light source I had. If you have light source with adjustable output you can change that instead of orange slices thickness.
Anyway, I learned that it is very important to cut slices evenly. That will ensure your slice is exposed equally at all parts. You can use kitchen slicer or sharpen your knife and be carefull

My whole setup was very simple: I took 250x600x40 mm plexiglass and placed it on the edge of the table so the 30-40 cm was over the edge of the table. I pressed the smaller part with some heavy books, just to keep it in place. I used 500W halogen lamp (te one for the garden, not any kind of professional equipment) and placed it right under plexiglass. One simple sheet of white paper was placed on the plexiglass and that was it.
I used small table lamp and kept it with one hand slightly above oranges from one side, just to try to fill in some light. I don't know if it had some significant impact on the picture.
Anyway, I didn't use tripod for the camera as there was enough light already available. I made around 30 photos and chose 3.

I hope this helps a bit.
zuhdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:24 AM   #13

thanks zuhdo, sounds almost the same as what I did although I did not have the glass hanging over the side of the table or an extra light source above the fruit. Also my fruit were placed on a smokey colored glass. I used the white sheet of paper as well. I have got hold of some clear glass and will have another go.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote