Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 13, 2004, 11:42 PM   #1

my friends started a band......so they want me to take the pictures.....i have taken some at their first show....and their second...and they just changed their name.....so they want me to take some posed shots....

i was browsing a site "purevolume.com" i think....to get some ideas, and i saw this one shot, that as far as i know, was a double exposure...

it was soooo cool....it was the lead singer (i'm guessing lol) singing into the mike, but kind bending down, lol...probably screaming like most bands today, and then the crowd as the second exposure, it looked great....so i thought i'd try to pull something off like that for them.....unfortunately my little G2 doesn't do multiple exposures

so i thought i'd figure it out in Photoshop....with two seperate images....

this is pretty much going by the "seeing double" weekly challenge.....unfortunately i didn't think of this then (lol..i'm a little slow )

here is wat i got for my third try,...first and second tries i underexposed WAY too much...thinking that the layer mode would multiply the exposures...which it doesn't really...

here is the "screen" version, this one looks much more like a double exposure....

and here is the "hard light" version.....this one just looks really cool...how the acoustic guitar only really shows where the bright white scratch guard of the electric is.....

now....if you want...later i'll post the two seperate images....

all i did to accomplish this....was take two shots...drag the one image to the other, and switch the layer modes to "screen" and "hard light"...some of the others looked cool too.....just play around

i hope it works this well with the band....lol

btw....even though they are a teenage band....the one guitarist is a child prodigy...lol...the other is older.....but still equally amazing.....the bassist knows his stuff..and the drummer is very good too!

in a couple years....when they are famous....maybe they'll remember me

lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 9:26 AM   #2

Very cool. I like those a lot. I'll have to try that with my guitars! I have a neon orange electric in my store right now.... wonder what that'd look like in a shot like that :shock:!!! Only suggestion I'd have is to retake the electric layer again and move the guy's strap outta the way so you don't see it. Other than that, I really, really like them!:-)
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 1:45 PM   #3

haha...ok....if i take one for more than test reasons then i will gladly move the strap....lol...but this was just to see if i could pull off that idea...
Old May 14, 2004, 2:09 PM   #4

I think it's very cool. National guitar workshop had a drawing of something similar to that a few years ago on a poster for their summer workshop. Yours looks cooler, though, cause it's an actual photo.
Old May 14, 2004, 4:45 PM   #5

i like how the second one makes the electric guitar look like it is hollow like the acousting.....only where the scratch guard is too! lol...

glad you like it
Old May 14, 2004, 7:29 PM   #6

Vitto congrats on your new assingment.. Now I am terrible at photoshop so bear with me..

"I like the idea you are doing ( No way can I figure out what the heck as far as ps you are talking about) but you did a excellant job.. The only thing I can suggest is the buckle it, to me just dosen't belong there.. Wow remove it and it would be perfect.. JMHO.. I love the concept very professional Keep it up Me Amigo... i have allways wanted to shoot a guitar never had the oporunity..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2004, 2:18 AM   #7

thanks a lot dale!!! they are both my guitars.....i don't play...lol.....i don't have the patience or the passion to go through the hours upon hours needed to learn, but i still have them....lol, now they are just photographic materials..lol

anyway....i think i'm gonna try this again, but try to make it show more of wat it is and take the strap out, and stuff like that.....

btw....which one did you like better dale? guitarman?
Old May 16, 2004, 7:37 PM   #8

Vitto I like the second one best..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 9:14 PM   #9

I like them both, but I like the second one best, too.:-)
Old May 16, 2004, 9:22 PM   #10

the first is more "old film arty" and the second is more "digital age, photoshopped"

lol

glad you like it