Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 14, 2004, 9:24 AM   #1

I took this the night before last of one of the roses on my front porch. The only light I used was a small $7.00 LED clip-on flashlight that I had clipped to my tripod. I think it would have turned out a little nicer, focus-wise (and noise levels too) had I waited until it was completely dark.... There was just a little light of day left when I did this, although my porch is on the shadowed side of the house. I know it's soft and noisy, but it was getting ready to rain (actually starting to sprinkle) when I took this so I didn't have much time to mess around. I really like how the LED flashlight looks on the flower, though, the color is pretty astounding....
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 1:48 PM   #2

i've done some shots with just a flashlight....and "flashed" it from all sides....if you want to try that....with an exposure of like 8 seconds...has to be as dark as possible....and you have to get used to how long you flash the light and where....

nice job....i like how it looks like it is glowing from the middle....cool shot
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 7:15 PM   #3

Guitarman.. I am not sure what camera you are using.. but My rule of thumb is "if it is not moving no matter what the light, use the smallest ISO factor you can" You only need light to freeze action.. A static subject needs much less light..To over come low light situations if your camera has Auto focus Do this, compose shot. using intense light, to set focus and get it to lock on subject then switch to the lighting efect you want , Now i realize the Camera you are using may not handle this My Nikons do with lock exposure feature so give it a try and see how it works.. Good luck
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 9:28 PM   #4

I took it with my Fuji S5000 in full auto mode. I was in a hurry, it could definitely be done better. I just posted it because I was pretty amazed at how the colors came out using the LED flashlight. It wasn't quite completely dark when I took it, which might have been part of the problem, too, I'm not completely sure. First chance I have to repeat it when it's not raining outside, I'm gonna try it again. Unfortunately, it's raining again tonight....:sad:
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2004, 2:13 AM   #5

ahh there is the problem...lol....you're outside

lol....most of my flower shots i've posted....have been shot in my room....or my kitchen...lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote