Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 21, 2004, 12:45 AM   #1

Took this almost by accident the other night but thought it had some potential... Anyone agree?

hackphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2004, 12:48 PM   #2

First off, I am not out to hurt anyone's feelings. However, I have looked at this picture several times and have reached the same conclusion each time. It looks like an "OOPS!" We all have them. Click the shutter when the camera is pointed at the ground. Bump the tripod when the shutter is open, etc.

If you did this intentionally, you need to put something in that big blank spot in the upper left quadrant.

Interesting things can be done at night by moving the camera with the shutter locked open. However, I don't think that was your intention.

The lighting in the bushes at the bottom reminds me of some night shots I took at the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C. They light up one of the main gardens at night with various colored lights. It is a beautiful sight to see but photos with that lighting look wierd.

Anyway, as Forest would say, "That's all I have to say about that!"
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 12:02 AM   #3

Well I did say I took it almost by accident but i was trying to take a photo of the arts centre spire... Anyway, I just thought the green lights in the trees and the bluriness kinda set it off but you are very right about the top-left of the picture being too empty. Don't worry, I wouldn't put my photo's up here if I didn't want feedback - positive or negative...
Old May 24, 2004, 12:05 AM   #4

calr wrote:
Quote:
It is a beautiful sight to see but photos with that lighting look wierd.

I guess we all look atart differently...
Old May 26, 2004, 10:43 AM   #5

I think an art teacher or a writing teacher would be pleased to have this image to

put before the studentsas an observation exercise for elements, design, etc., or as

an impetus for writing.The photo may have been an "accident," but it hasreal

possibilities as a teaching tool.:idea:
Martha M. Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 5:49 PM   #6

Interesting you say that as I work at a primary school (elementary school if you're from the states :?)... I share my office with the art teacher so I'll hafta see what she thinks but it's probably more of a high-school thing to study I suppose... Yeah actually I've never heard her talk about elements of design or anything. The old art teacher used to but I think this one's more into painting and glueing...

Still Iwould be interested to hear what exactly you would sayobserve in the picture. I haven't done all that stuff since school...