Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:06 AM   #11

Oukcast rock (and I'm not just talking about their latest album).

I see you baby

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:50 AM   #12

your first picture looks a lot like one my hubby took, he is really into clouds, I have never seen the attraction. We have a whole pile of em:-)But every now and again they come in handy as new backgrounds for photos I take.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:59 AM   #13

I love Outkast 2. Well sorry to leave so soon but I gotta goooooooo....

Hahah nice shirt picture! Where did iyou find that?
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:23 AM   #14

I went to amazon.co.uk and searched for "Shakin That Ass". It was in the zshop section.
click click

If you click the link above the t-shirt in my post you'll hear a 30 second clip of a Groove Amarda song called I See You Baby (it's the Fatboy Slim mix). You'll soon see why I posted it. The T-shirt goes with the song.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:52 PM   #15

I think I have heard that one
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:16 AM   #16

It was used in a Renault advert over here and it was a well played radio record to.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:54 AM   #17

My wife sings that song to the dog because when she comes into the house he wags his tail so hard his ass wags with it. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 4:20 AM   #18

That reminds me of Scampy, an Alsatian we used to have. She had an allergy but we don't know to what. We had to feed her Beta Pet for her entire life, not that she minded. Stupid and as dopey as anything. If someone broke into the house she would have jumped up at them and licked them to death. She had no control over her tail and it just used to spin, knocking anything in the vicinity flying.
She didn't have a good ending though. Died of cancer (can be partly put down to the steroids she had to take because of her allergy and age), arthritis and various organ failures. Very sad end to a wonderful dog. She is the benchmark now, every dog I own will be compared to her.

Pickles has a wiggly bum to. She loves people and goes mad when she sees someone. As young bitches do she gets over excited and urinates. We affectionately it call "shuffle bum". It did lead to an embarrassing moment in a shop when a young woman knelt down to say hello. Pickles jumped up and got excited and the women foolishly put her knee between Pickle's legs. You can imagine what happened next. To cap it all off the women at the till had to loudly call for a mop and bucket.

This post seems to be as good a place as any to ask on a photography forum. Are dogs known to catch birds? I ask this because I've just caught Pickles in the garden with a small bird. She was stripping it of its feathers. It was dead and I don't know if she caught it (she does chase the pigeons) or if a cat did. Next door have four cats and the people over the back must have as many. They're known for killing things (I won't go any further than that, I don't want to ware out the forums word filter). But if a cat would have caught it it would have taken it away, not left it in the middle of the garden. I did contemplate taking a picture of the bird, it would have been an emotive picture. But it didn't feel right. Then again, nor does throwing it in the bin.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 4:28 AM   #19

I don't know about dogs catching birds, maybe you could look on the net for a dog behaviour site to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though, our dog is always kept on a lead when he's out but if he spots any birds he tries to get after them. We have to keep him on the lead because of all the looney drivers who think they're Schumacher and the stray dogs. One more thing, do you have any magpies in your area, maybe one of those killed the bird. We have loads round here and i saw one a few weeks ago eating a small mouse in our garden.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:12 AM   #20

That crossed my mind to. We have lots of magpies and crows. It is possible a cat caught it and she scarred it off making the cat drop it. But I don't suspect that. It could have been a kestrel as well, but they don't often drop prey.
The feathers were wet making it look small. That could mean it has been there all night (it was also limp and not stiff) or it really was a young bird who was just leaving a nest.