Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jun 3, 2004, 7:37 PM   #1

Lately, i've been drawing fruit...normally when i'm supposed to be doing math

About a half hour ago, i had the idea to set up an old desk we have....well..not TOO old...and put the sketch pad and the pencil on it....

i used the normal "dale-style" lighting.....simple....throw the background out of the picture easily....set off the subject from the picture...

enjoy

oh yea...you can comment on the pear drawings too if you want...lol

Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:12 PM   #2

Love it Absolutely LOVE IT vito! But this illusion that the pencil is floating if you look at it for too long! And great drawings of the fruit, too!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:20 PM   #3

thanks very much! i see exactly wat you mean about the pencil!! lol....i played around with the lamps in differents spots....so the one in the weekly challenge forum is different lighting i think.....

i eventually changed the camera position....moved the lights around...and tried a self portrait...i might post it...as long as i don't break any screens with my face

haha
Old Jun 4, 2004, 5:01 AM   #4

Very impressive!
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:06 AM   #5

You're starting to give Dale a run for the money with your photography! This is a wonderful photo--well composed, well lit, and with a visual narrative about a person who must have been sitting there just moments ago drawing.

That pencil is the only blight, and the photo is so perfect in every other way that it might be worth either redoing it or...I don't know how...reducing the illusion in Photoshop.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:37 AM   #6

i still have all the lights set up...the desk hasn't moved..the pad and pencil are still there...lol....the tripod is even there!! but they are all set up for the self portrait....so i'd have to move some things around....i can try it tonight, maybe....

the only problem with this kind of lighting....is you need pitch black for it to work...at least in the background of the picture..

i'm very glad you like it

i'll see how long i can get away with leaving it set up down there....

btw.....

do you think the pad should stay angled like that? and do you think the pencil is ok there?

that was a major question i had going through my mind...i think it came out ok...mainly because i set it up like i had just stopped drawing or something...

Vito
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:59 AM   #7

Definitely, Vito, the angle is just right. Keep it. It creates a triangle pointing into the picture.

(Drives me crazy: when pictures are attached, I can't refer back to them when I'm posting a response like this. In the photo's place is just a link to the attachment. Click on the link and lose everything I've written. :X)
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:02 AM   #8

ahh...i've done that a couple times! lol i'll do what steve said you can do when we were asking about attaching photos (which the max has gone from 100kb to 250kb!!)

i'll attach it.....then preview the post and copy the URL from the attached picture, then unattached it? and paste the URL with the img tags...i think...lol
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:21 AM   #9

What a nifty notion! Sounds like the solution.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:28 AM   #10

lol! i tried it in my "Waterfall hike" thread....and it works...the only problem i could think of when typing the explanation was if you don't attach it to the message...why would it be uploaded ....but it attaches it and uploads it to the server when you hit preview...