Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:19 AM   #1

I took this picture with a polarising filter on, the filter is a bit naff but worked well for this shot. This is a crop out of the original, then the levels raised and then run Autolevels and got this.

I was quite impressed, the vignetted top right corner was caused by the filter, it was cheap and nasty but everything as its use.:-)

cheers

Mart.
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2004, 1:21 PM   #2

Nice one, I think some people use shots like this to change the sky in other shots. I might try it myself sometime. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 4:51 PM   #3

Interesting portrait. Looks like an oil painting for some reason. In another way it reminds me of how a bird might see the world. I have an artistic cloud scene. It looks like a bat so I ran indoors for the camera and came back, snapped a picture as it was changing shape. Never again will I see such a thing.
Old stories have it that clouds are telling us of things going on in the world and what the past was like. What if it were true?
Attached Images

JamesArthurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:39 AM   #4

Hi James,

If clouds were telling us things I still wouldn't have a clue.:-)

Do you remember as a child looking up at clouds and making all those different shapes. Great fun, perhaps that is what they're telling us, not to forget our childhood or something.:-)

cheers

Mart.

PS. Thanks Jack
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:33 PM   #5

Perhaps you are right. Maybe they are telling us of our own past. Though maybe its natures way of telling us what is in the area or what was in the area during the time of day we see the clouds.
I have noticed maple trees keep memory marks as well. Saw one shaped like a wolf head just weeks after seeing a wolf in that area. So My theory is nature IS telling us she knows.
Hopefully there are no maple trees shaped like an out house LOL I had to use one when living in the forest for 2 years. The oject was a test of survival. And I must say, All them luxuries I missed were driving me crazy. Helped me break the habit of smoking so theres a plus.
JamesArthurKing is offline   Reply With Quote