Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:40 PM   #11

Most scanners default to 5% clipping – the same as Photoshop for anything automatic like auto-contrast. I prefer to have zero clipping and try to set my scanners for that. The image is a little flat but you capture all of the dynamic range available.

At one time I adjusted every shot in the histogram, but it is easier to adjust them in Photoshop.

Digital Ice slows the scans also. But if you are doing 24 at once and have enough RAM you can just set it to scan and forget it for a while – a long while. I find it too busy to keep feeding film strips.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:02 PM   #12

:?I recently bought a P.I.E. PF3650U slide/film scanner. Ordered it on-line from Costco and received it in two days. Got six months to try it out. [best return policy in town] It does a pretty go job on my 35mm slides as some are over 40 yrs old. The software includes Digital Ice, Roc & Gem. Unfortunately it doesn't include a manual focus for aseveral of my scans were not as sharp as the originals. I just started scan some old flim strips that were taken by my Dad in 1930. Prescan works okay however, a full scan produces terrible results. Can't even tell what the image is. The only way that I can make a copy is to hit my print scrn key and then paste a copy in my Adobe photo program. Any suggestions?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote