Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jul 9, 2004, 7:57 AM   #1

these shots were taken about 10 minutes out of Sydney Australia, heading towards Queensland. I would have liked to get shots of Sydney harbor bridge which I saw clear as day but we were not allowed to turn cameras on too soon. Taken with G3.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2004, 1:22 AM   #2

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I would have liked to get shots of Sydney harbor bridge which I saw clear as day but we were not allowed to turn cameras on too soon. Taken with G3.
Interesting shots, Julie. But the regulation not allowing you to turn on cameras immediately after takeoff - was that meant to be an anti-terrorism policy? They don't want anyone taking pictures of potential targets?

The times I've been on planes since 9/11 I've been able to snap photos whenever I wanted (domestic flights in the US).
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:05 AM   #3

something to do with digital being electronicI think, you can use film cameras. All cell phones are to be off all through the flights as well. They say sometimes electronics effect the plane controls.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:25 PM   #4

That sounds like a pretty slim reason, Julie. I don't think that a digital camera has much of a field of interference around it to speak of and there are no digital cameras I can think of that have any sort of electronic transmitters in them. Laptops with wireless cards in them, sure I could see that as a possible hindrance along with cell phones.

Oh well, gotta do what they ask...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote