Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:07 AM   #1

Please tell me what you think about this pic.

Thanks

MP
Attached Images

menego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:31 AM   #2

You asked for comments and I hate to see a picture viewed so many times without comment when the poster specifically requests comment. I looked at this for awhile, trying to figure out what it is about the picture that just doesn't grab me. I think I understand what you were trying to say with your shot, but this picture just doesn't appeal to my senses.

On the positive side, the exposure is good and your colors appear natural. I'm not sure I like the way you chose to have the post run thru the center of the rear globe the way you did. Did you happen to take any similar pictures altering the angle to see how that looked?
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:40 AM   #3

I agree with Ohenry. It either needs to be straightened or tilted more. There needs to be something else in the picture to give perspective and scale. A tree, a cloud, a bird or maybe a hanging flower basket. Some of these elements could easily be added in PS or PSP.

A night or evening shot of the lamp post with the lights lit might be more interesting. Add a pretty girl standing or leaning against the post and you've got a winner.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 1:15 AM   #4

Thanks all for the comments.

First of all ... the colors are really natural ... I didn't postprocess the picture, I only added the white frame!

I shooted it in the same place of the post "Cagliari - St. Remy" and really I can't shoot It again because I live 600kms from that place !

I shooted it because I've been actracted by the contrast between the sky color and the lamp color.

MP
menego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 8:15 AM   #5

You may want to reshoot the lying on your back...next to the post 1/2 before dawn or 1/2 before dusk...

Just a thought
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote