Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:42 PM   #1

I snapped this off. It's a picture of the back of my desk lamp with it switched on and facing the wall. The blind was drawn so the only light in here is from the lamp itself. The white balance of the camera was intentionally set to the wrong setting to get those colours. The only editing is a crop, resize and cloning out one red pixel.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:23 PM   #2

very cool shot!

i'm diggin the colors!

now, this is just a personal thing...but did you try a shot that is "perfectly" aligned?

like...the neck of the lamp coming dead center? it's a bit to the right, with the head tilted to the left...

lol...i annoy myself to no end while setting up shots, trying to get them "perfectly" aligned...half the time i fail and give up though lol

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 4:14 AM   #3

I'm the same when taking pictures. But no, I never tried it. This was more something that I stumbled upon rather than thought through. I was taking pictures of something else the other day and I had a glass of beer next to the lamp. I noticed how it showed up the bubbles rising from the bottom and thought I'd take a picture. The beer didn't last long enough though. I tried it last night with a can of Dr Pepper but the drink is too dark and you can't see any bubbles. I did notice the holes on the back of the lamp though. I wondered how they would look in a photo which the light on. As you can see, they don't show up very well. And that is when I saw this picture. So I took some shots, put the images on the computer and waited until it was dark (3-4 hours) before I edited them.

I will try it again though. As you can see, the light wasn't aligned with the wall either. There was a big white area on the left and a smaller one on the right. That is why I cropped it. I did try to line that up, it just wouldn't have it. It's only a cheap lamp so the light bulb inside isn't straight and true itself.

And I'm going to try that bubbles thing again aswell. I'll either use a beer or a can of 7UP.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote