Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Oct 15, 2004, 6:23 AM   #1

Hi, I'm Terry new kid on the block. Been lurking for short while and decided to join. After much reasearching and debate I boiled it down to 2 cams that I was interested in. The Nikon 8800or the DX 7590 Kodak to add to my camera stash.

Well I went for the 7590 and took it out yesterday for it's maiden voyage, shot 141 pics taking it through it's paces. I wanted to share some of them with you all here. I have done nothing to these phots except a crop here and there on these samples. I wanted to show what the pics looked like straight out of the camera. I tried to give a variety of conditions here as examples.

Hope you enjoy and comments or tipson them are appreciated.

Terry

Click on thumb for larger version.

All the pics here were taken on rock & roll (fully automatic)

Paddlewheel about 100 feet away up on the dock

No flash on the escalators just ambient low light conditions

The 7590 on B&W setting

These are in high color mode.

This from about 50 feet away with zoom

Basic landscape mode

trtjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2004, 6:27 AM   #2

Well after several false starts and editing of my post here, I think I got it to a reasonable size for viewing here, enjoy.
Terry
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:24 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum Terry.

A nice selection to start with and interesting use of Imageshack.

If you want a free album to go back to, try

http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php

as Photobucket has messed around recently.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:29 AM   #4

Snail

Thanks for the look and link. Not sure what the Darwin would do for me that imageshack doesn't. Just a place to put the images for viewing onling without someone having to go somewhere else.

Terry
Old Oct 15, 2004, 1:26 PM   #5

Hi Terry. I just came out of lurk mode this week myself! I like your photos. I'm thinking of buying the 7590 (in addition to the 7440 that I recently bought) for the 10X capability. Do you use a tripod or monopod? I'm assuming I won't need one, but some of the reviews recommend it at full zoom.

Love your term: "All the pics here were taken on rock & roll (fully automatic)"
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:22 PM   #6

Hi Terry;

Welcome to the show. Great shots. Let us know how the 7590 performs under the maunal modes. I've got a 6490 and I'm pretty pleased with some of the PASM functions.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:50 PM   #7

Rochchacha chick wrote:
Quote:
I like your photos. Do you use a tripod or monopod? I'm assuming I won't need one, but some of the reviews recommend it at full zoom.

Love your term: "All the pics here were taken on rock & roll (fully automatic)"

Rochchacha

Thanks for the peek and comments. I do have a monopod, a Quantaray QSZ EZ pod and I love it. I do use it though I did not on these shots. Most especially on zoom and on slower shutter speeds I think for those crisp clear shots, it's a must have.

The monopod had a removable head bracket that I can leave attached to the camera to slip it on and off the mono very easily. I am becoming more and more comfy with using the pod for most all my shots, just for insurance.

Terry
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:58 PM   #8

Tom

I have already used it on manual both for A & S priorities as well on the different scene modes. In all cases it has worked flawlessly and has become characteristic of Kodak a no brainer. All the parameters are viewable through the finder or on screen and just takes either a push or a rotationof the little wheel on the hand grip to get me where I want to go and set the parameters.

So far the DX 7590 to me is bullet proof. Performing actually better than I had anticipated, with a higher pic quality than I expected. It has rich vibrant colors, crystal clarity even at large blowups.

The only thing I think might perhaps be a bit weird is the focus, although this could be my old tired eyes too. It sometimes appears that the image I am seeing is not crystal clear in focus through the EVF or LCD, yet when I take the pic the focus is dead on, so I am assuming that it is more likely my eyes and not the 7590.

Terry

BTW thanks for the kind words about my shots.