Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:56 AM   #1

Hi all,

This morning, I finished a run near an acreage.

As I was returning home, a deer was spooked by my footsteps thru dry, fallen leaves and beautifully, effortlessly and gracelfully leapt away...over a four foot fence.

Then, I heard another rustling to my right.

Another deer was spooked...and bounded from some underbrush. I remained as still as possible, knowing that deer look for movement as a means of survival. Our eyes met, she (a doe) stamped her left right hoof...as if to say...

"How dare you tread on my turf, man!"

It wassome magic Kodak moments indeed...and I was sans digcam.

Four legged Poetry in motion...only the cerebral images remain.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:53 PM   #2

I frequently snap images in my "mindcam" but you are much more eloquent than me in translating those images to words.

Now, you might want to check that depth of field, adjust the contrast, boost the saturation slightly....nah, forget it! It's perfect the way it it!

Cal Ramussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:04 PM   #3

Hi digcamfan;

I agree with Cal; a very nice image you have captured in words.

I'll be willing to bet every photographer has at least one scene committed to memory - one which only they will ever see for the lack of a camera at a crucial moment. This may not always be a loss; perhaps some pictures areours alone... but I digress.

My other point on this thought is that I bet most photographers have a scene in their mind - which has not yet happened. I know Ihave elaborate imaginings of images andof light and of shadows interplaying like atrio by Mozart... like Martin's falling leaf. (check it out, I lovethat shot) Last Leaf of Autumn This is a moment in time which lasted barely a second, but here it is preserved for us, as long as our age will allow. (ok, now, I'm laying it on a little too thick - time to go)

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:07 PM   #4

Since I mainly read technical english articles and books I had to go to the dictionary several times to get the meaning of many of the words you have used to describe your magic moment.

But I was glad I did it : you are a poet, digicamfan.

And you made me want to go back to some shots I took this summer in a natural park and try to edit one of them in order to try to provide some of magics and the look of that deer ( sorry, I had no doe shots )speakingto you with his eyes.

Here's my attempt :

P.S. : the building of thiseditmay notbe described in few words and it's made up ofseverel technicalities : I wouldn't ruin this post with things like that but I'll be glad to reply to anyone willing to know what's behind the scenes.
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:49 PM   #5

Calr, Tom and Brtsergio...thanks much for your responses.

I am deeply honored that you call me a poet, BrtSergio (though I do not consider myself one...). It is a privelege to view your "visual poetry" of your deer. Your PS work is magical...the lighting effect on the ground reminds of a fresh, lightsnowfall in full moonlight when it "glints" and sparkles.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 5:10 AM   #6

Thanx digicamfan.

Yes, I wanted to get a magic atmosphere but I have to admit that I didn't create directly the sparkling snow flakes.

Although I'm glad they are there, they come from the application of the Diffuse Glow.

Actually they are leaves and since they were bright andsmallthe diffuse glow has completly surrounded them with this white aurea.

It may also be useful to quote the original image that somehow inspired me in this photographic representation of your image :

http://bull.frac.dk/copper/displayimage.php?pos=-305

In this work the snowfalls completly match your description !

BTW: that gallery has several wonderful shots and deserves a visit.
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote