Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Dec 23, 2002, 1:33 PM   #11

Wow... Has it really come to this? Sheesh.

I for one always appreciate your posts Ron. I have my busy times when I am not able to post replies, but I always take the time to look at your photos. I enjoy seeing them and I almost always either learn something about technique or get inspired to try a variation of a shot myself...

This work is really great.

Please please keep posting your great work...

Happy Holidays

-roger
Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2002, 2:56 PM   #12

I am one of those who disappeared for awhile. I was at the hospice caring for a friend as they died. And the most interesting thing happened. While surrounded with all this medical support, I unexpectedly died myself. Of course they brought me back, but it did entail a curtailment of my activity for awhile. I am still taking photos and reading the forums here occasionally. My current photographic interest is nebulas with a small 90mm scope. Unfortunately the CA in my old C2100 limiits its usefullness for this. So, I am back to film most of the time. One day when I get all my medical bills paid, I may get a digital camera for astrophtography or perhaps my photographic interests will change again.

Enjoy the new year,
Demmy
DeMorcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:44 AM   #13

First night back, nice additions to your page, I was noticing the slowdown before I disapeared the last couple months, but the count on registered users seems to be climbing. OK back to you, I enjoy your museum pages and we as a family will look at them together, go to places that we are not going to get to in the near future. Thanks again for the time and great displays.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 3:30 PM   #14

Default Guilty as charged...

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have checked in from time to time, but when it was so slow in here it pretty much drove me away. I got an email from a member who said they missed me and that the forum was faster now. I see that it is so I'll be checking in more often.

These are all fabulous shots, Ron! The lighting is spectacular! I like the gallery shots a lot, but I still love your wildlife and scenics the best.
Purrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:07 PM   #15

Well, I sort of stopped after the last software change also. Just didn't have a "general" catagory for posting photos. Everything became specific, which is fine if you are looking at specifics, but I use to visit just to see what was new. Now you have to go to each specific catogoryeople; pets; landscape; etc. Much tougher then just browsing through one general area.

Personally, I haven't had much time to update my web page, so I haven't had much to post. Still check out the postings to look.
Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 11:56 AM   #16

Hi Ron,
Your words are Ironic . I was going through some very old e-mail and came across a message I sent you when you were just beginning to use the Nikon 950. You had some really interesting shots from the California coastline depicting sunsets, I believe. I don't think you have them on-line anymore. At that time I had Steve's page bookmarked as my home page. I checked it every day. And the posts were all in one group but were very lively. As the different "neighborhoods" developed I began to come less often. Times are changing.

I just took a peek at your web page. Nice to see you are still active.

Hope things are at a temporary lull....but I really don't think so.
Al PAcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 1:19 PM   #17

:lol: Shows you how much I've kept up. I noticed that the various forums started to decline after 9/11 and never recovered. Then the free sites for photo sharing started to decline and that contributed to it too. I've been heavily involved with getting an education, then developed some medical problems that are still going on. I've seen some of the others at different forums too. I think it's a cumulation of things that have caused the decline.

At Phil's site, the second generation of 2100 owners are busy praising it. I think it is the general ebb and flow that is effecting the forums.[/img]

It showes me as a new member also and that isn't correct.
whopperjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 7:05 PM   #18

Hi, Ron...

Just finished looking at your museum galleries. You make the available light look as if that's what you wanted! What was the light source in the Ghetty ? Was it totally artificial, or did they have windows/skylights? It brings out the detail in the sculptures, and turns them into another work of art.

I used to go to the old Whitney Museum and Museum of Modern Art in NY before they got uptight about cameras. I used to look for angles that would put one sculpture near another, so the two together seemed to interact.

Very nice work!
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:34 AM   #19

Hi Ron

I am one of those who disappeared for couple of months to do other things, but I am back with a new camera recently bought at Focus on Imaging (in the UK).

The lightings is what inspired me, I never knew they allow flash cameras in a museum. Keep up the posting, your work really inspired me!

Oliver
Canon D30, 16-35 F2.8 (for the moment!)
Ex Pro 90IS
OliverC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:49 PM   #20

That's a very good image indeed. Looked at some of your other pics also very good. I'll hand it to you - you know what you're doing.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote