Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:36 PM   #1

Default Museum-Art photography

I have three pages up with assorted art shot hand-held at the J. Paul Getty Museum (Getty Scuptures and Getty Paintings) and Los Angeles County Museum of Art, linked directly from the Gallery Index of my website:

http://www.digital-images.net/Gallery/gallery.html

An example image from the LACMA Museum is below:

I hope you enjoy the visit...
RonReznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2002, 2:36 AM   #2

Default Whew! Tough crowd...

It's a little hard to believe that there has been not one response in over two weeks to what I consider to be my best low-light work ever... showing some exceptional subject material. The work done in the Getty, the LACMA and the Norton Simon museums was tremendously challenging (as anyone who has ever tried shooting in a museum would know), and I feel that at least a few of the shots were well-composed and worth a comment -- or worth a look at the very least.

This, by the way, is one of the major reasons why I rarely stop by here any more. I feel like I'm posting into a vacuum these days. We used to have such a pleasant community, and when I started in photography four years ago and first found out about this place, I learned so very much here from all of the nice people. I gave back as much as I could whenever I could, and we all benefited from the exchanges. Some really fabulous photography resulted from everyone in the group helping each other, commenting on new work, and trying new subject matter -- we were all constantly raising the bar. Few of the original group are still around, and from what I can see the part of Steve's that really attracted all of us seems to be missing, or at least it seems that way to me.

Excuse me if I've wasted anyone's time. :?
Old Dec 5, 2002, 6:57 AM   #3

I was also wondering what happened to responses. I still have my little ol DC4800 and post a shot every now and then but it seemed that just a few months ago I would get responses from you and others how to improve.

It's possible, I guess, that the experienced guys have moved on and there are a lot of new people trying to learn. That being said, where are all the guys that used to post and critique. I don't see them, or their photos any more either.

E.B.
E.B.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:04 PM   #4

Ron these are simply wonderful shots. I cannot even come close to the tonal range you have in these. Great examples of how capturing works of art is a work of art in itself.

I haven't been in here all that frequently but I have noticed that a lot of the old names are gone.

I don't have an excuse.

Nice to see you again though

Cheers.

Robert
RobertG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 5:43 AM   #5

I know what you mean Ron, the forum was abandoned. I know Jan, Sarah and Jimmie went to Dave;s new site. I did some posting there also but my wife hasn't been doing to well so I have less time. The time I do have on the net is trying to get as much info on lenses and equipment for the D60. I will be shooting a wedding next month and will go full time by the spring. I'll see if I can dig up a few shots to post. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you, may as well get the answers from the master.
By the way your photos are incredible, the ones of the paintings are amazing.
How is the modeling working out, must be a tough assignment. :roll:

All the Best
Tom
Tom C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 8:51 AM   #6

Hi Tom,

The modeling so far isn't happening -- that operation seems to be having trouble getting off the ground, but I'm so busy with other things that I'm not more than a little annoyed with them.

Congratulations on the wedding

Seriously, that is a good way to pull in business and make people happy at the same time. I do wish you the best of luck with it, and would be glad to help with any decisions when necessary.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Tom. I hope she feels better soon!

Hello, Robert -- nice to see you too. You too, E.B.!

Ron
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:50 PM   #7

Ron.. you have some great pics.. as usual! I am somewhat surprised to see you taking pics in a museum.. I did not think they allowed pictures to be taken.. some of the museums I have been to definitly do not permit it. Not sure exactly why.. some claim the flashes harm the paintings, but then again, they still do not permit flashless pics either. I think they just want to sell their own pics from the gift shop.

I am assuming you took all yours with existing light and no flash?

about this discussion group.. sorry to hear that participation is down.. especially since I just discovered it and joined :-( I did notice that Rob Galbraith seems to also have a pretty active discussion board, although I have not really looked at it too much yet, so don't know its value.
Pilaar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 6:48 PM   #8

Yep Ron.... I've also noticed the same. Seems it all happened about the time Steve changed the format of the forum some months back.

Your museum pic's are outstanding!!!

I'm about ready to add the 18-35 Nikkor to my S2 collection.. You know, I need to buy my own X-mas present.
M. Haner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2002, 9:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C
I know what you mean Ron, the forum was abandoned. I know Jan, Sarah and Jimmie went to Dave;s new site.
which site is that?
Pilaar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2002, 12:42 AM   #10

Default nice pics

You can make a free gallery that's all your own at www.photomoto.net. they can even build a site just for you. check out the slideshow feature on the Moto's Images link
rustblack is offline   Reply With Quote