Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Mar 31, 2003, 4:10 PM   #1

Default Circus pic (tigers) w/Fuji3800

OK, I know there're better ways to do this, but here's a link to a pic from the circus Friday night http://krntyusp.50megs.com/photo.html . Sorry for the ad crap on this page We were WAY far from the cats, at least 50' or more (typical 3 ring setup, we were about the middle of the left end ring, about 10 rows back, tigers were in the center ring. It was A WAYS, believe me). The ring was pretty dark, camera was maximum tele, plus I cropped the image a bit in Photoshop7. NO FLASH (distance would have made it pointless) the shutter speed was S-L-O-W (very audible electronic click ..... click), pic was hand held. I wanted to post this because I've seen comments on this camera's low light difficulties. I agree there are better cameras for these situations, but if taken carefully even under these very unfavorable conditions a good pic can be had. If I'd had a monopod, it would have been even better. Also resolution is slightly reduced due to posting site's file size limits (original file 616k, this image about 150k). I personally find the eye finder much more usable than the lcd display for this (and in general) maybe because I'm more used to it from many years with an slr. I've had slr's and a darkroom for years, pretty good gear, and I have to say, the more I use this camera, the better I like it.

Irv
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links