Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:33 PM   #1

Camera Labs have posted their review of the DMC L1 and the Leica D. A pretty positive review indeed - the lens is pretty special and they plan to do a stand alone test on the lens. here's the link:

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 10:48 PM   #2

I've pretty much made my mind up this is going to be my first purchase of 2007...

I like the body styling... a lot. I'm not a "live shot mode guy"...if I were, I would be buying an Olympus E-330 for the fold out LCD, but this Panasonic looks to be much better built, I LOVE all the switches and manual controls.I will say I could take or leave the Leica lens. With a full set of Zuiko glass, if I HAVE to buy the set, I may well just sellthe lenson eBay to bring down the overall cost... I am hopeful they will be releasing the L-1as a body only option soon, but as I said, I'm not buying anything like this before Christmas so it's not like I'm in any hurry...too many other things to get non-photo equipmentrelated before then.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote