Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic / Leica dSLR

Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:59 AM   #1
Default Help! Is my GH1 faulty..?

Help folks - particularly those of you with a GH1.....

I noticed something when shooting some Easter family snaps, that I haven't seen in the past couple of weeks, and wondered if it's a fault.

I was shooting indoors in Aperture priority mode with the 20mm lens, using auto white balance. The image on the LCD looked fine whilst framing, but as soon as the shutter was released and the screen came back on, the colours were different - no longer natural, and very 'red'. Switching from AWB through the different options changed the image on the LCD screen accordingly, but there seems to be a colour shift as soon as the shutter is pressed. What gives...?

Regardless of white balance settings, I also find natural light shots seem to have a red cast, making people look a bit sunburnt (a first here in Scotland!!)... Not sure it means anything, but the red channel in the histogram seems to be shifted more to the right (and more dense) than the green or blue channels.

Is something faulty? Are there any more 'scientific' photographic tests I could/should perform to find out for sure...?

Help folks!?!
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links