Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:34 PM   #1

OK This board helped me to finally make up my mind. I just received my FZ7 tonight. Thanks to all for some great advice.

Are there any settings I might prefer to change from P default values?

My first three flash pics were great.

Best AF mode overall?

Best stab. Mode 1 or mode 2 ?

Any other settings I might want to consider - outdoor landscapes - inside w/o flash or with flash?

BTW - I was almost sold ona Canon S3 ISbecause ofthe way it handled at my local Circ City. The AF seemed to work better on the Canon and the in-store snaps seemed consistently better. However, the reviews and sample photos on thissite and elsewhere helpedconvince me to go with the FZ.I considered the FZ30 but did not want a camera that large for all around use. I have handled an FZ-30 - Great Camera! But for my needs, I like the FZ-7 just fine.

The picture below (I hope it is posted) was taken with P setting and flash from about 7 feet. The settings were all the default values that came with the camera. (Raw image was 2,335 KB JPG ) The image here was cropped down from the larger frame w/o any post processing.
Attached Images
remington70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:21 AM   #2

Welcome and contrats on getting the FZ7. I love mine. Per your questions;
  • AF Mode - 1 area High Speed [/*]
  • IS Mode - 2 almost always (tripod work you may want to turn it off some times) [/*]
  • NR - Set to low and PP if needed.[/*]
After that just play with other things and have fun. I am finding that spot metering often gives me the exposure values I want more often then center weighted. But it does require a little more work to half press and hold, then recompose and full press to get the image. If you need to shoot quickly that does not work real well.

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote