Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:42 PM   #1

Wow havn't posted here for a while. Used to be a semi-regular poster way back.

most of these are taken with the FZ-15 over the past two years, just a sample though. I have almost 9GB of keepers from this camera. I was always impressed with the sharpness and smoothness of the images it produced and awsome flexibility.

I recently moved up to an Alpha and lens buying sickness :? so everyone who values their pocket book stick with your panasonic prosumer superzooms as long as possible. I've also noticed its easier to take a good picture with the FZ-15 over an slr.

Anyway, if any one wants to offer this fine camera a new home or know more about it or about my pictures, just let me know. I'd be happy to talk.

kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2006, 3:57 AM   #2

can you give me an idea how the alfa compares to the fz15, i heard some remarks about noise, and although i know a dslr is not comparable how does it compare :roll:

first thought to upgrade my fz5 to the fz50 but lately i think the difference in quality is not that big only the handling is better , and now the sony alfa looks better every day

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 5:02 AM   #3

I also have theFZ-15 which I bought new for $360 at AbesofMaine in New Yorktwo years ago. I am thinking of picking up an extra one because it is a relatively light camera. How much were you thinking of chargingand what method of payment would you accept?
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 5:00 PM   #4

I pretty much only shot at iso64 and 100 on the fz15, on the alpha i will shoot up to iso400 and be happy. iso 800 is still fine, some lost detail and strong grain, but the noise from the alpha is not as processed as in the fz15 and because of this is easyer to remove later. it also looks more like grain than noise. iso 1600 on the alpha is the emergancy only iso for color. black and white looks quite nice at 1600.

Bluewave, make me an offer, I could do paypal or money order, certified check.

It would come with two batteries, (one pana, one power2000) the charger, and one of those lens thread extention things with a 62mm uv hoya, which has been on forever. I might be able to find the orrigional trim ring and lens cap if you want those
kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote