Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:00 AM   #11

The 'cloudy' WB-setting is quite 'powerfull' indeed, but I haven't found this to be a real issue; with Silkypix (supplied raw developer) it's a piece of cake to correct any WB mishaps. I must say, the indoor auto WB performs much better than the FZ20. I tried the fz50 @ work, and there was almost no green cast, where the fz20 left me some quite green results.

It seems to work best shooting @ full resolution. I shot this goat at 3 MP using extra zoom, but you get some 'squary' patterns in your results indeed. http://www.pbase.com/tvpopta/image/68049059

Editing down from raw leaves much better results for sure, but i find myself developing 1 raw image at least twice, 1 with no noise reduction, and the other with, to blend them together in photoshop. Occasionally even 3 shots, for compensating exposure as well. :arrow:It takes some editing time to get the most out of that 'little' tiger, but it's worth it :!:

[edit] forgot to mention that the sharpness of the fz50 results is much better than the fz20. In wideangle you still get very crisp results; i found this difficult to acomplish with the fz20.

Cheerio! GB

greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote