Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:58 AM   #11

It turns out that the salesman I was talking to was unnecessarily alarmed by an annotation attached to the 3rd party battery listings at the store. It warns that they may not fit correctly. In fact, my receipt has a note on it that the "customer has been advised that non-genuine batteries may not fit". Lawyer speak, in other words, and no problem in real life.

The battery in question is an Inca branded battery No. 740844 "replacing DMW-BMA7, CGR-S006E," and a bunch of others.

It fits my FZ50 just fine, charges about the same length of time as the real battery, and powers the camera just fine. I don't know yet if the 710mAh written on it is a lie. Looks good so far though!
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:19 AM   #12

I may have just been lucky buy I have always bought the cheapbattery's on e-bay and have never had a problem. I just purchased batteries and charger for my V-LUX from link below but have not had a chance to use them. I don't anticipate any problem at all. I've purchased batteries from them for my FZ20 before.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 3:16 PM   #13

I have several from different places and they work fine. I got 3 for trips into the mountains away from power and they all seem about the same more or less with the differences being of no importance they are so minor. Pana is just way out of line price wise on back-up batteries.
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote