Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:27 AM   #1

Hello I'm looking into buying a Panasonic FZ50 and on ebay there are many kits that come with conversion lenses (both telephoto and wide angle) and none of them seem to be from panasonic.

What I'd like to know is if anybody here has had experience with those lenses found on ebay on panasonic cameras, and if they provide good image quality and don't cause the image stabilizer to function incorrectly.

cdallacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:20 AM   #2

Welcome to our forum. You are going to love your FZ50! Let us see some of your pictures. As you can see, we love to post our shots cause we have so much fun with our cameras.

If I were you I'd stay away from the kit's from anyone. If you will do a search for Telephoto and WA lenseshere you will find a lot of discussion on the subject and sample photos.

I boughtthe TCON 17 & 14b and the Raynox 6600 pro WA lenses andget exceptional clearty with all of them. Of the two telephoto lenses the TCON 14B is the best glass according to most on this forum but but I like the TCON 17 better cause it's a lot lighter lens and I can't really tellmuch difference between them as far as picture quality. They work great on my FZ20 and expect they will do the same on the FZ50.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:12 PM   #3

Don't even think about them

You'll waste your money as I did. Don't trust in "ducky" brands. Remember you have a Leica lens.

If you want conversion lens, check out this link first:

It is for FZ-30, but it also applies to FZ-50.

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote