Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:08 PM   #1

I Wanted a small compact for my partner for xmass, and didnt have a clue what to get. I looked at the canon ixus 60, sony w50 and others, I made my mind up on the ixus 60, felt very nice to hold; when I spotted the fx3, Now I have an FZ30 and and have taken some great shots, and a sales rep. reckoned this was the best deal (and the most expensive......) so I got it , I have a couple of weeks in which time I can change it if I want, I dont want to use it though as it is a present. So If anyone has used it, care to share your thoughts??

cheers Dave

DaveMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:37 PM   #2

Not being an expert, I do have the FX01 which was highly reccommended by fmoore. From what I can see by the reviews on the two cameras they are very similiar in looks and features, however the FX3 may well be an improvement.

But I am very happy with it. I bought it to carry with me all the time, but my wife has confiscated it because of its ease of use. She actually understands it, says my FZ30 is to complicated.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:38 PM   #3

I have the fx01 and am very pleased with it. The fx3 looks to be almost identical except it has a 35-105mm lens where the fx01 has a 28-102mm. I got thefx01 for its ultra-compact size and it's 28mm wide angle lens, whichis a real treat, IMO. The fx01 is currently selling for about $20 more than the fx3. I would expect the fx3 to be equal to the fx01 other than the wide angle difference.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote