Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:06 PM   #1

Hi. I had first decided to go with the FZ30 but they have become next to impossible to find from a reputible source. So I am thinking of going with the easier to find FZ50. I noticed the price went up $10 just from yesterday to today. I don't know if that is the start of a trend but I feel a bit pressured by it. I am wondering what you would recommend to purchase with the camera? Anything necessary? I would like some type offilter (recommendations would be appreciated)to keep the main lens clean but other than that I'm not sure. I appreciate any and all input! Thanks in advance!
stacy0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:51 AM   #2

propably just the season, last minute christmass shopping does this sometimes.
I wouldn't worry about it.

When I bought my fz5 I also added two filters, linear polarizer and a uv filter with the idea of not damaging the lens. First of I never removed the uv filter, now more than a year later it lies on a shelf and I don't use is anymore. The change of damaging your lens is really small, normally I take better care of it than the rest of my family when walking. So it might be a useless expenditure, on the other hand the first months I did feel that the lens was more safe.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote