Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:06 PM   #1

Well My Little TFT screen has been acting funny for a month or 2, and it kind of solved itself all the time just by opening and shutting it.
Now its happeing nearly all the time, basically when I open it up to take a picture I get white noise like a TV screen with no signal its unusable sadly.

So what to do?

Its under the Panasonic warrenty still (for 2 years it seems) and I guess I will have to send it back to Panasonic, I remember reading a few threads on here when a few of your cameras broke.

So how long does the process take? etc.. I guess I have to pay postage too.

I have had it since last March and I guess I have used it a lot and taken 11000 photos so far, I will be gutted sending it away for a day, never mind weeks or months. Its not as if I have dropped it ever or banged it around, I treat it well, so its just a bug in the wiring of the little swivel TFT I guess.

I can use the viewfinder, but hell I hate it and I am off to a concert in a month, and no way I will be able to use the viewfinder thats for sure.

Anyway guess any comments will be helpful, just a shame its gone dodgy at all.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:51 PM   #2

I never had a problem with the LCD as I never use the thing.....I always find it amazing how each of us view what is or is not important on a camera.....If there were no LCD on the FZ cameras I would not miss it one bit.

But I am sorry yours is not working......you could have mine.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:22 PM   #3

I would check the warranty carefully.

The lcd broke on my Casio camera and the warranty noted in very very small print that lcds where not covered.

I eventually had to quote UK consumer law to get the ebay (shop) seller to repair it for me, only took him 4 months...
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:21 PM   #4

it cause by -probably- the flexible cable which connecting the body of the camera and the rotating -swivel- LCD might broke. i dont think it is the lcd.
486dx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:16 PM   #5

indeed it is most likely the flexible cable to the LCD
does the EVF still work ?
if it doesnt .. more likely the sensor has gone

11,000 is a lot of images, maybe you should have more than one camera
Ive got 4 1/2 here now

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:22 PM   #6

Yup I am sure its the cables in the swivel joint connecting it to the LCD as it can work at certain angles, but they are not usable for pics. The viewfinder is fine, sadly I never use it as I hate putting my eye to the thing, esspecially in public places as I dont like people around me knowing I am using it at all :-)

Still I will probibly email Panasonic 1st to ask about how long the process takes and whats covered exactly, as its brand new still, not even a mark on the camera as I havent dropped it yet.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote