Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:17 PM   #11

Nice pics, here's some i took. I was really impressed with the video too. Im a beginner too but it helped megoing over the manual quite a bit.

cal 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:20 PM   #12

stez2004 wrote:
I got the FZ50 yesterday, and I'm really impressed with the well-thought out design features and options.

But the photos I'm churning out seems to be very soft, almost under-focused, like a watercolour in some cases. Sometimes, I get a good result, but it's random.

I heard the noise reduction engine is over-aggressive, but is it to the point of giving really soft pictures?

are you not focusing your pictures before you take them? and if the shutter speed is too high, or the aperature too low, then you could get blur from shaky hands. Try setting the dial to Program AE, then put the camera on a tripod, press the left on the pad (if its like my fz5) twice, to get a 2 sec timer for the shot, then take the picture and see.
xfxgeforced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:18 AM   #13

I've been using auto focus (I did notice the AF takes a while to settle down - granted it wasn't great light - but waited for it to find it before taking a picture) and also manual focus. In either cases the images has been coming out soft.

Unfortunately the manual I receive is in French, so I've requested an English one from the retailer. I got hold of an electronic copy, so will try the manual settings a bit more.

I just hope it's just some settings I've missed or just being a complete idiot who got too excited as otherwise it has all I wanted and more :-)
stez2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:37 AM   #14

Stez, when I got my camera I was having the same problem (soft pics). I've traced the problem to the Shutter button release. Do not press the Shutterbutton in one motion, press half way down and hold momentarily, to give the camera time tofocus and then press all the waydown making sure that you are not "jerking" the camera in the process. Hope this will help.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:22 PM   #15

I think you might want to check your settings. When this happens to me on my FZ20, I usually find the conversion setting is on
You will be happy with this camera.. and a lot of help is right here in this forum
Don't get discouraged
tommccarty is offline   Reply With Quote