Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:32 PM   #11
Super Moderator

RDK, there is a great package called Opanda iExif (free download from their site) which allows you to view the Exif (camera data) for pictures, assuming this has not been removed.

The settings were as follows.

Exposure Time = 1/800"
F Number = F4
Exposure Program = Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 80
Exif Version = Version 2.2
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 80.3mm
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 380mm

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:39 AM   #12

Many thanks for the info and the site referral!

I was considering putting my FZ30 away and buying a DSLR, because I wasmissing shots that I thought I had nailed - be they action (ending up blurred and/or past the point of what I wanted to shoot) or just photos of people, whose expressions were altered in the final photo because of shutter lag - or so I thought.

The race car photo taken with an FZ30, shot at the vehicle's high speed, is so impressive that I know I must be doing something very wrong. I have been using auto-everything, including auto review of every shot for 3 seconds, which, of course,slows the next shot's opportunity. Perhaps I will have better success in Program mode and/or shutter/aperture modes, and not shoot in all auto mode. I have also turned off the the Auto-review entirely.

Any suggestions are very welcome. Frankly, I don't know that I would gain much by abandonning the FZ30 and opting for, say, an entry-level DSLR.
rdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 2:30 PM   #13

Hello To photograph F1 it is it practices with the FZ30, it uses the program priority at the speed and being but fast who the F1, the original photo not this trimmed, is very difficult to fit the car in all the frame. It practices and precision, remembers that the Fz30 noes a SLR, the photo you you have it to work.
condi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:12 AM   #14

an ace camera for an ace driver.

486dx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 1:23 AM   #15

Bueno la FZ30 me gusta pero Alonso es mejor!
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote