Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:14 AM   #1

Hi all

Have not posted much here lately. I have been waiting and waiting for Pana announcing a follow up on the FZ7 but as there seemed to be none announced at CEO I am thinking about looking elsewhere than Panasonic for a new camera.
I have FZ5 and FZ7 is simply not worth the upgrade in my view. The FZ30 and FZ50 are too big to carry around when travelling and a large camera like them is an inconvenience (sorry afficionados).
I love my Pana but just need a little more.
It is dissappointing that the usual upgrade of model announcement has not come this year.
any advise on a camera with 12 x zoom plus anti shake and the usual which will be animprovement on FZ7 and around the same size and with a lense with the similar quality of the Panas?
I will be travelling in the spring and would be great to have a new and inproved camera with me...

I looked at Oly and Canon but don't like the design (sorry I know that is a stupid way of looking at it but that too counts in my book - they look too plastic and cheap).

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 1:05 PM   #2

Your requirements and dislikes of models you have tried leaves only the Kodak Easy Share P712 and Z612, but you might find these too bulky. Once you require above 10x optical zoom the choices are limited. Have you considered the smallest DSLR you can find and a modern compact zoom lens for it?

You might ask this question in the "What camera should I buy section?"

Good luck shopping.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:19 PM   #3

I would say its coming in Feb but who said a FZ7 is not better than the FZ5?

If it is not, then there is no current Ultrazoom other than the FZ50 that is an upgrade.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote